Other trucks

RFCDrum

Mark, was that the dealership on RT130 South right near the RT195 ramp? IIRC, they were only there for a few years then the place turned into a H-D / Buell dealer which is also shut down. I go by there every day to and from work. The place is still vacant BTW.

Chuck,thats the place,were'nt there all that long as i remember,i want to say they were also a GMC dealer?.....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

My friend Danny kept them running. I'll ask him for the specs when I see him. Yes, the stack did the funky forward bend. I remember moving some around the yard and recall the 9 speed shift pattern being kind of weird with 3rd gear being on the bottom right. Did I mention that the color was awful.....? :whistling:

we need some pics of these gmc s

You seem to find some good stuff!!!! Are you like me and sneak in? Hahaha. You must know where alot of the U models are dont you? :-)

Yeah i sneak in and out quick. I wish there were more U-models but most of them have disappeared within the last couple years. My dad was telling me how Stop & Shop used to have a couple hundred in their yard and then there was New Haven truck rental and Flexi-van who both had alot.

Matt

Yeah i sneak in and out quick. I wish there were more U-models but most of them have disappeared within the last couple years. My dad was telling me how Stop & Shop used to have a couple hundred in their yard and then there was New Haven truck rental and Flexi-van who both had alot.

You're like me, get in get out. Just start hitting the button on the camera to take pictures. Hahaha. Your dad probably saw my U model because it was with Flexi Van new in 1975.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

You said it came from Kimberly-Clark bakery right? Where in CT was that. He remembers a Kimberly-Clark that made cups

Yup came from there I'm pretty sure. A friend of mine worked for Flexi Van and told me all about this. He actually owned my U model at one time. He said back when mine was new there was two places these trucks could have gone. A brewery or Kimberly Clark. He told me the colors that these trucks were and the ones at the bakery were blue, and mine was blue right after the Mack green it was as Flexi Van ordered it. If he sees this he might be able to shed some light on this.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I tried to sharpen this pic up. It's a little blurry. This Guy's name was Andy. He was good friends with John Mauro (his B81 next to it). This was very over built. I know it had at least 58 rears or maybe 65's on big rubber. I know it had a triple piston hoist. I only met Andy a few times. He had gotten very sick and this was sold. Anybody know where it wound up? This truck was a beast. Pics do it no justice.

Cheers, Rob

post-8724-0-83592400-1366849778_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I tried to sharpen this pic up. It's a little blurry. This Guy's name was Andy. He was good friends with John Mauro (his B81 next to it). This was very over built. I know it had at least 58 rears or maybe 65's on big rubber. I know it had a triple piston hoist. I only met Andy a few times. He had gotten very sick and this was sold. Anybody know where it wound up? This truck was a beast. Pics do it no justice.

Cheers, Rob

love the Western star, very sharp.

Antonelli's Ford. There were two sister trucks that Medowland Ford had and they were heavy tractors, 350 Cats, 8LL's, and 46 rears. They couldn't get rid of them so they had Bristol Donalds put on them. They still have the glad hands on the back of the cab. Poppe Contracting from Waldwick NJ bought the black and siver one and Antonelli is the second owner.

Cheers, Rob

post-8724-0-24088200-1367159551_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Hey Rob, great pic of the Ford LTL. Living in Central Jersey when you were growing up, do you recall or have pics of Robert Steffer's fleet of pink LTL's that he used to run before he got in a boatload of trouble. I think he was from the Shrewsbury/Matawan area. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bid_Rig

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Shit I hate hitting wrong buttons. LOL. I do remember a fleet of LTL's all tandems in various colors with Canadian bodies on them and fairly lightweight. Same company maybe? I think they ran RT 18 a lot and 195. Green ones, yellow ones.

• 1 month later...

Big Trouble In Little China. This was the original. Nice guy. The artist was in the truck with him. Was going to be the truck Kurt Russel was to have in the movie but they couldn't come to an agreement. Had a 425 Cat with a 6X4 air shift Spicer. First truck I saw with train horns. This was back in 90. This truck was repainted with a Desert Storm theme then it got wrecked and saw it in the truck paper.

Cheers, Rob

post-8724-0-58516500-1370623196_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-89954200-1370623211_thumb.jp