Mack Days 2013 at Gerhart's- October 4th and 5th

missed a lot of you guys. left home at 5 am and got to the show around 11 after the detours and the accident on Bruinnerville rd. was my first time there and a great show. liked the junkyard to. the kight green B61 in the junkyard was all there was the back of cab was rough,. was an ST and a late onei think, had 35XXX as the CERIAL number and rough tanks on both sides. lots of nice trucks there. on a side not I think about 75% of the R models and most every Superdog there had a LUND visor on it.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

It's good to hear you had decent weather for the show. Thanks to all of you that took the time to take and post photos for those of us that couldn't be there.

Vinny with his U795....

Mack did a nice job of modifying the U model to accept the 865/866 engines. The changes are barely noticeable.

Jim

I'm sorry I missed it- but I have a great excuse....Honest!!!! I have never been to this one, and I was planning on coming this year with Small, Medium and Large. However, as many of you (who are my Facebook Friends) know, my father kinda sorta threw me a curveball- on Friday morning 9/27 he told my mom that he was having chest pains. To make a long story short, she got him to the ER in the car, and 20 minutes later he coded (died right there on the table in front of the Doctor....) They were able to get him back. He was sent right up to the cardiac cath lab, and got three stents installed. He almost croaked 2 more times in the cath lab. He was intubated and sedated until Tuesday. Then after he was awake, it looked as if he may have suffered a stroke or an anoxic brain injury. However he is slowly regaining his memory, and is a lot more conscious, alert and oriented. He is doing very well despite what he was through. I almost lost my best friend....and was not a happy camper there for a few days.

I've been a busy beaver the last week, going to work (which was the first week back after 12 days of vacation...so I had my hands full there.....) driving to the hospital (53 mile ride one way) and taking care of business in my own life......Ready to tear out my hair.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I'm sorry I missed it- but I have a great excuse....Honest!!!! I have never been to this one, and I was planning on coming this year with Small, Medium and Large. However, as many of you (who are my Facebook Friends) know, my father kinda sorta threw me a curveball- on Friday morning 9/27 he told my mom that he was having chest pains. To make a long story short, she got him to the ER in the car, and 20 minutes later he coded (died right there on the table in front of the Doctor....) They were able to get him back. He was sent right up to the cardiac cath lab, and got three stents installed. He almost croaked 2 more times in the cath lab. He was intubated and sedated until Tuesday. Then after he was awake, it looked as if he may have suffered a stroke or an anoxic brain injury. However he is slowly regaining his memory, and is a lot more conscious, alert and oriented. He is doing very well despite what he was through. I almost lost my best friend....and was not a happy camper there for a few days.

I've been a busy beaver the last week, going to work (which was the first week back after 12 days of vacation...so I had my hands full there.....) driving to the hospital (53 mile ride one way) and taking care of business in my own life......Ready to tear out my hair.

You certainly have a better excuse for missing the show than I do.

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery for your Dad.

• Like 2

Jim

Priorities-Sounds like the tough part is behind you-you will have an even better appreciation for your relationship going forward.

Vin,is that Jays old U in the second set of pictures? I see it has a Jersey plate on it now.............................Mark

Yupp thats Jays old U. Dont know who owns it now. Asked the guy if it was his U model and he said yeah, i said nice truck and he said thanks.

Randy, sorry to hear of that, hope he feels better.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Matt- Wow- long day-amazed your old man at his age could do that "turn"! Paul's U I assume-got a lot of press! Best part is all the dirt moving out back right?

I didn't sleep on the way down or on the way back like other people......... :whistling: we pulled a 3am to 11pm shift sounds like old days :SMOKIE-LFT:

Ed