$62 doesn't go very far at the Mack Dealer!

$62 dollars for these three items! Not complaining though, I'd be dead in the water if they did not have them on the shelf!

I broke the door handle taking it off, got a new washer tank from Watts and it came with a modern plug so no pigtail! And the door lock keeper was rusty and jacked!

post-6773-0-93741200-1358021191_thumb.jp

We bought cab mount bolts for the U model at the Mack dealer. If I remember correctly two bolts, two nuts, two rubbers and two of them big washer thingys was almost 80 bucks. When we went to put them in..................we realized we got the wrong ones too!!! How's that? So we went to Napa the next day, got some good correct sized bolts for a lot cheaper, and they are perfect.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

$62 dollars for these three items! Not complaining though, I'd be dead in the water if they did not have them on the shelf!

I broke the door handle taking it off, got a new washer tank from Watts and it came with a modern plug so no pigtail! And the door lock keeper was rusty and jacked!

attachicon.gifIMG_7935.JPG

Yep i know where your coming from.. I had 4 bulbs out on the dash when i bought my international. Only place you can get the bulbs from was at International. No other place had them or had ones like them... They are $14.00 EACH! and they are about the size of your pinky nail... Absolutely ridiculous but nothing you can do...

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

I was just out on Watts website to check out some of the prices for the parts I will be needing for my B87 tractor. Now I am not complaiining at all, because if I was needing these for say my CL700 tractor I'ld be paying atleast the same if not more.I do have some of the parts that I had gotten many years ago before Watts was having them,this was when Tidewater Mack had them.It is what it is,if you want to run a BIG DOG then you just grin and bear it.I will be calling Watts in the next couple om months when I get further along with the doors and the cab.

Rick Harper,no truer words have been said.I'm going to spend the money for the parts I need and won't complain about because it what I choose to do.How many other so-called truck manurfactor give back to their end user like Mack does.They put on one hell of a show this past fall.I didn't see any donations buckets anywhere.How many other manurfactors have a antique museum that you can call up and ask for and get information on your truck.Like the Big Dog saysALWAYS WAS,STILL IS,ALWAYS WILL BE the king of the road.Just my 2 cents worth.Mike Durkin

• Like 1

Did anyone pay a dime for this forum. Be thankful that they are supporting this old iron that we love.
Yes. Was the first lifetime member and very thankful.

Me too (not the first but close) and I will continue to support BMT and Watt's (and the Mack Museum too). Barry (not the Pres) and his group are doing their best to keep these old (and new) dogs running!

I just paid $80 for a dimmer switch bracket and the switch was only $6.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Me too (not the first but close) and I will continue to support BMT and Watt's (and the Mack Museum too). Barry (not the Pres) and his group are doing their best to keep these old (and new) dogs running!

I just paid $80 for a dimmer switch bracket and the switch was only $6.

Me too. Not the dimmer switch bracket, but I always try to get any parts I need from Barry.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

attachicon.gifIMG_7935.JPG

It'll look better than the much cheaper universal type door/window handle though.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

if they are a new pair of Vise Grips made in china, they jaws are junk and probably wouldnt grip that tough Mack square door handle mechanism anyways. anyother good company gone to shit. id rather have an old pair of Vise Grips with a broken spring and a good jaw than the junk ones from China

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg