And the redneck engineering award of the year goes too ..............

Looks like that poor DM recieved some T L C...........Torch Level (&) Come-along! Admit it,that took some skill.Why just before he attempted that feat,he was a butcher! :loldude: ..................................motor looks more like an NH-250 to me (unless there was no room for the turbo,so it got left out!)

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Looks like a military surplus Cummins from a 5 ton they were all delivered naturally aspirated most never got turbos but some got lucky.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I am speechless! Looks like something assembled in Castro's Cuba. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well I wonder which part of the state is missing some guard rail......lol

I don't think that bumper was installed using the traditional method.

Theory ( i.e. me overthinking again): The truck was rolling down the interstate and the bulldog saw his reflection on the stainless steel doors of the truck in front. Appalled by what he saw, he jumped off the hood of the truck. With only a driver to pilot it now, the DMTLC careened out of control and took out some gaurdrail. The owner, who's taste in workmanship is evident elswhere on the truck, thought the new bumper looked good and left it on.

Jim

Looks like that poor DM recieved some T L C...........Torch Level (&) Come-along! Admit it,that took some skill.Why just before he attempted that feat,he was a butcher! :loldude: ..................................motor looks more like an NH-250 to me (unless there was no room for the turbo,so it got left out!)

you are right,I totally missed the lack of turbo,I was just repeating the specs listed,unless he mounted the turbo somewhere else,LOL.

I don't even think it is a 13 speed. even with the handle spun sideways I do not see the red splitter button or hell a gray or blue one for that matter. Also when I passed the Ritchie Bros Auction today on 70 west of Columbus I saw a Green DMM all by it's lonesome. Looked to be an old mixer truck no drum but looked like art of the rotator still on it. Know nothing about it as this as it was a drive by stalking

looks kinda like this R400 that they repowered with a 671 Detroit and 10 speed Roadranger. Moved the bumper and radiator forward with about 200 flat washers and threaded rod and fiberglassed an extra foot in the hood haha. the twin to it had a V8 Detroit in it mated to the original TRD77 9 speed overgear gas job transmission with the cast exhaust manifolds resting right on the frame rails with straight weed burner pipes on it wiht glass packs. sad thing is they were actually really nice consecutive serial number 1966 R400's. the white one i managed to save the totally rust free site truck cab off of from the scrappers. the red one had the v8 with homemade shutters. i saved the doors and odds and ends, heater, battery boxes and a perfect plastic headliner. i was racing the scrappers as they bought up the whole construction company junk pile but the guy was nice enough to give me the one cab and parts for helpin him load other junk. that headliner is a real bitch to get out when your fighting bees and racing the scrappers . they also scrapped a really solid but cannabilized DM400 with a scania. can only save so much.

post-6-0-71569800-1356748180_thumb.png

post-6-0-49407000-1356749105_thumb.png

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

looks kinda like this R400 that they repowered with a 671 Detroit and 10 speed Roadranger. Moved the bumper and radiator forward with about 200 flat washers and threaded rod and fiberglassed an extra foot in the hood haha. the twin to it had a V8 Detroit in it mated to the original TRD77 9 speed overgear gas job transmission with the cast exhaust manifolds resting right on the frame rails with straight weed burner pipes on it wiht glass packs. sad thing is they were actually really nice consecutive serial number 1966 R400's. the white one i managed to save the totally rust free site truck cab off of from the scrappers. the red one had the v8 with homemade shutters. i saved the doors and odds and ends, heater, battery boxes and a perfect plastic headliner. i was racing the scrappers as they bought up the whole construction company junk pile but the guy was nice enough to give me the one cab and parts for helpin him load other junk. that headliner is a real bitch to get out when your fighting bees and racing the scrappers . they also scrapped a really solid but cannabilized DM400 with a scania. can only save so much.

Ladies & gentleman ley me introduce to you the first R700 set back front axel!!! one of one ser# 0000-1

BULLHUSK

PS any of you old timers will know that # from an old 50's Superman show

I did see at Hribar Truck & Equipment(Racine,Wis) an early R 600 with an NH-220 installed by Cummins.They "tastefully" modified the hood adding what equaled an RB nose to the standard R hood,to clear the engine and mount a taller than normal radiator in it.It was nicely done.I didn't have my camera along that day.Called a couple weeks later and the woman there told me it had been cut up.Crap!!! It was "barn fresh" Had a triplex,underslung camelback,a Bostrom Viking T-Bar seat (not torn) & a 23 channel C.B. in it.!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

looks kinda like this R400 that they repowered with a 671 Detroit and 10 speed Roadranger. Moved the bumper and radiator forward with about 200 flat washers and threaded rod and fiberglassed an extra foot in the hood haha. the twin to it had a V8 Detroit in it mated to the original TRD77 9 speed overgear gas job transmission with the cast exhaust manifolds resting right on the frame rails with straight weed burner pipes on it wiht glass packs.

All that work and you could buy a R700 and just drop the engine in?...

• Like 1

the were just site trucks in the summertime. they had 3 B models,4 R400's, a few DM400's and 5 DM600's. they were butchers. everything got painted garbage truck white eventually and repowered and cobbed up. we bought 2 out of the 3 B models, the cab off the R 400 and a few parts off the other R400. the 5 DM600's they sold off and the DM400 with scania they scrapped. can only save so much tho. luckily the B models they didnt change the engines. still had the 402's in them. they were real hack jobs. the one B model they took an air chissel to the firewall to put a hole in it rather than adjust the throttle linkage so it wouldnt fit. throw the driverseat away and slide the pass bench seat over for someone to drive on all day. real butchers, i think all their employees hated them.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg