Sign in to follow this  
Milaca

North West Diesel salvage yard photos, St. Cloud MN

Nice pics. I wish I could find a MB like that black one around where i live.

Always lovely to see so much old iron.

Thank you for posting.

Holy crackers!!!!!!!!!! All them old Macks, sweet!!!! I also spotted a U model!!!!!!! 12th picture down, look way in the back, its a white cab.

hello milaca.

i need some b modelparts for my single axle towtruck.does he have some he`s willing to sel?

or can i contact the guy myself? any email adres or phonenumber?

thank you.

leon

Sweet, but I guess the white one isnt a U model, its a DMM.

I like that H-model tandem sleeper cab too.

I love the day cab Emeryville and the sleeper on the R model. Is that a Mercury? i want one of them. That fwd is probably from the 50's. It looks pretty nice. Post more pictures. Please.

Mike

That tandem H is sweet! Any pics of the W?

Nice find. Good to see so many trucks still intact, there's always hope.

The R model with the Mercury sleeper has the tall man roof option.

The phone number I found for North West Diesel is (320) 252-6141. The phone number shown on the door of his blue Mack tow truck is very outdated as the area prefix changed several years ago. I dont know if he is willing to ship parts or not, but it couldnt hurt to call.

Here are a few more photos, including a conventional cab International Emeryville:

post-12826-0-56826400-1351446230_thumb.j

post-12826-0-89825600-1351446268_thumb.j

post-12826-0-19927200-1351446307_thumb.j

post-12826-0-99520900-1351446343_thumb.j

• Like 1

And...a few more photos:

post-12826-0-03106600-1351447186_thumb.j

post-12826-0-67424400-1351447222_thumb.j

post-12826-0-78962900-1351447258_thumb.j

post-12826-0-96711600-1351447293_thumb.j

• Like 1

Did you get the cereal number of the MH? (sorry Vinny) :banana:

I see you purchased the old Maiers transfer truck, I stopped and looked at that one day, was heading from little falls to Rice and ran across that sitting for sale. Ardin from North West Diesel id quite the charater isn't he. I have been stopping in there for a number of years visiting with him. One of the hard core Mack guys.

I see you purchased the old Maiers transfer truck, I stopped and looked at that one day, was heading from little falls to Rice and ran across that sitting for sale. Ardin from North West Diesel id quite the charater isn't he. I have been stopping in there for a number of years visiting with him. One of the hard core Mack guys.

Over the past few years, I would search Craigslist for 'Mack C600' once in a while and I finally found one for sale last month. The reason I would search is because my dad had a 1965 Mack C600 single axle dump truck back in the early to mid 1980s. When he bought it from a farm near Bradford, MN, it was painted an ugly dark green and had a snow plow on it. We sanded the paint and had my uncle spray it red with black fenders and I painted the interior a copper color with a spray can. It was a great looking truck. My dad sold it in 1985 so that he could buy a tandem axle gravel truck and I've missed that truck ever since. I got the electric start and power take-off to work on my truck now, just have the brakes left to repair at this time. As soon as I get the brakes functioning, I have a pond to dig near my house and I need the truck to haul away the spoil that I dig out. I could just borrow one of my dad's International gravel trucks, but that wouldnt be as much fun. :)

Yes, that Ardin (or is it Arlen?) is an interesting fella. It had been 28 years since I was last there and I was surprised that the place was still in business. He told me that he sold this as a used semi-truck to Maier many years ago. I'll be heading back to see him again sometime this week if all goes well with the brake pedal assembly that he is repairing for me.

Edited by Milaca

Sweet, Thanks 4 posting the pics! We will stop by on our way thru!

Nice to see all the tired iorn!

wow,,,candy store,,i see some things i need..,wish i was closer,,,guess allotta us do.lol.bob