Very nice collection! looks a lot like mine,i need to get some pictures posted. Where did the R-model on the lowboy come from? never seen one like that,custom job? thats a real neat tractor,i especially like the paint/color........................................Mark

post-5836-0-95923200-1360804772.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Hi, am I missing something here, why would you buy an AITM U-600 transkit, then a DM-600 or 800 kit?

If you bought an AITM U-600 transkit, would'nt it be an AMT R-685ST kit you would be needing to build the U-600?

Please let me know your logic.

Regards Jeffro.

Either one would work,just in my opinion the DM models have more "U- specific" parts then the AMT R-Model,a plus the DM's are much easier to come by then the R-model,and a whole lot less expensive..............................................Mark

Either one would work,just in my opinion the DM models have more "U- specific" parts then the AMT R-Model,a plus the DM's are much easier to come by then the R-model,and a whole lot less expensive..............................................Mark

Mark, point taken on the availability of the AMT R-685ST. But the R-600 has all the correct parts, excepting for the cab and hood, where as the DM's have everthing incorrect bar cab, hood engine and wheels. What I'm saying is if you had a DM-600 kit, why bother buying a U-600 transkit, all you are getting really is a cab and hood and you get them with the DM-600.

I don't understand getting a transkit plus a DM-600, If you are prepared to build a U from a DM600 or 800, you may aswell build your U on a Ford Louisville, a W-900, a White Road Boss or a Diamond Reo, Chev Titan/GMC Astro. Because if you build a U on a DM-600, it is a DM-600, does'nt matter if it has a sticker that says U-600, it is a DM not a U

As far as giving someone some advice, basically, to build a U-600 you need an AMT R-600 then either an AITM U-600 transkit or an MPC DM-600, or just buy a DM-600

regards Jeff.

• Like 1

Very nice collection! looks a lot like mine,i need to get some pictures posted. Where did the R-model on the lowboy come from? never seen one like that,custom job? thats a real neat tractor,i especially like the paint/color........................................Mark

The Granite is a Tonyan Bros. truck and they are from N.Illinois. They also had a R-model semi dump made. The Granite is hauling

a Tenuta Cartage truck from Mt. Prospect IL and I believe Tonyan bought out Tenuta years ago. I think thats how that works. Will have

to ask BCR AL, he''ll know for sure, but those trucks do come as a set and the Tenuta truck is one of the fancier First Gears I have seen.

The back window even has the signature of Mark Tenuta on it. Once in a blue moon 1 will show up on ebay.

from there you can see somme of my Macks 1/50 scale

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/towoc999/Mack%2010%20roues/mack_dumper_001.jpg

that is the link of the N model I made from a Ford Budd cab

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/towoc999/mack_N/mack_N_001.jpg.

post some more latter .

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale

Maybe we can get PeterMack to do a Chicago Area Die-Cast Truck of the Day thread! I'd be retired by the time he would get to the last one! As soon as he gets married(as if that would happen),that collection will be available on e-Bay!! :loldude: (I know,Brian,the last laugh is on me.I'm married,you're not)

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Maybe we can get PeterMack to do a Chicago Area Die-Cast Truck of the Day thread! I'd be retired by the time he would get to the last one! As soon as he gets married(as if that would happen),that collection will be available on e-Bay!! :loldude: (I know,Brian,the last laugh is on me.I'm married,you're not)

Don't be ridiculous, I'm sure she'll just chuck em into a dumpster while I'm at work and then put up Hummel Figurines and throw pillows. Ugh!

• Like 1

Don't be ridiculous, I'm sure she'll just chuck em into a dumpster while I'm at work and then put up Hummel Figurines and throw pillows. Ugh!

I know the feeling ! Mrs. Vision says theres gonna be one hell of a sale after i kick!....................................................Mark

Here's a few of mine.Pics ain't real great.

An old HO scale Ulrich H-61

post-61-0-45380700-1360992902_thumb.jpg

Lensey/Matchbox AC 1/48th scale?

post-61-0-58305300-1360992972_thumb.jpg

Custom made 1/64th replica of my '86 Superliner with a DCP Wilson pot

post-61-0-15101000-1360993177_thumb.jpg

HO scale Ertl Granite snowplow

post-61-0-10320500-1360993322_thumb.jpg

Tried to take some of the trucks in cases and shelves but they were alll too dark.have to get somebody that can take better pics.

• Like 2

Here is a beautiful Celli Trucking Co. B-75 w/L model cab,Tom Bisognani of Arlington Hieghts,Il., just finished.This was modeled after an actual truck Celli had owned. attachicon.gifTom Biz's B-75 1.jpgattachicon.gifTom Biz's B-75.jpg

Al

That's a beautiful model!

Looks like you could climb right in, start it, and go!

It's even got the third hinges on the doors!

Ron

Al

That's a beautiful model!

Looks like you could climb right in, start it, and go!

It's even got the third hinges on the doors!

Ron

Tom does a real good job on these things,Ron.He has built several local trucks mostly for his own collection.Incidently,he had been a salesman for MACK at their O'Hare Factory Branch in the late '70's & early '80's and sold many trucks to Palumbo,Lindahl,& others big players in the Chicago construction industry! Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA