I collect em' have well over a thousand toy trucks (no kidding) and it is a good idea to list them either on your homeowners policy,or get seperate "collectable" insurance which is what i did. I've been collecting trucks since i was i kid,still have the very first Tonka i got for my first Christmas,although it is due for a restoration at some point if i ever get the time. First Gear makes some damn fine trucks! i have most variants of both Macks and Brockways,i am always on the lookout for anything Mack/truck related,second childhood i guess,but i really like them,especially the more "vintage" types ie: Winross,Corgi,Matchbox,Dinky etc. also have always collected trucking memorabilia in general too,old ads,brochures,belt buckles,etc...it's still amazing to me sometimes just what is still out there floating around!..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Here is a link to my Macks, all custom built by me over a few decades.

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/41chevy-photo/MACKS/

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Anybody collect them?I have just a few,bought them in the "90's and early "00's.Just picked up the Suzio six wheeler at a truck show over the weekend.I'm moving soon so i'm pulling off the mirrors/dogs and boxing them up.I plan to get more when i can!

Bigdog- ever see the Suzio B-81 single axle? Its a beauty -12:00R-24's!

OK-Ct. Trivia- What was the name of the family that owned Adley??

Yup, I collect them. I'll post some pictures tomarrow. Hey Paul, I know you showed me that green U model you made, but I really like that Road Way U model you made!!! That must have been a DM600 kit? I wanna find a DM600 kit and make it a U model. Can you still buy the DM600 kits?

Yup Vinny, the Roadway U was made from a DM600 kit and a resin U model conversion from a company called A.I.T.M. ( http://www.aitruckmodels.com/pages/kitsparts.html ) Click on the underlined name for the image of the kit. They make alot of Mack and Brockway conversions. Dave Natali is generally at the ATHS and Mackungie shows with his kits. I go to a hobby shop that has a few DM600 kits in stock. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yup Vinny, the Roadway U was made from a DM600 kit and a resin U model conversion from a company called A.I.T.M. ( http://www.aitruckmo.../kitsparts.html ) Click on the underlined name for the image of the kit. They make alot of Mack and Brockway conversions. Dave Natali is generally at the ATHS and Mackungie shows with his kits. I go to a hobby shop that has a few DM600 kits in stock. Paul

Oh OK, I'll have too look for a DM600 kit. Ive never seen one for over like $50, Im still looking for a Rubber Duck U model kit CHEAP.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Got a few but all in storage at the moment. Mostly First Gear and Matchbox (all Bs) but a couple of Matchbox CHs and those large Signature (or whatever ithey are) fire trucks (the two Type 75s).

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

The first picture shows two China-made "Signatures".

Both are relatively good when looking from a distance.

Has worthy made suspension and neither fire pumps, imitation only.

There are also proportional mistakes as wind screen size and others.

I'm thinking to rebuilt EH to a correct form one day and mayby convert it into EHU cabover tractor...

But where is the time for ??

Three R's at the second shot are German production Sicu of 70's-80's. A friend of mine bought them for my smile, he lives in Germany.

The last one white R is Solido, has good condition because wasn't a toy but an advertizing souvenire.

Vlad

post-3971-0-01017200-1341649989_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-07912800-1341650029_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-50508700-1341650055_thumb.jp

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I have a large collection as well. I have been collecting since I was a kid. I have attempted to pick up at least one affordable version of every Mack model replica made. I do not yet have any Smith-Millers, Swords, Smith, ASAM or Hubley. If I find one of them at a decent price I would certainly get one. I gave up hunting animals in the early '90's and turned to hunting trucks.

Some of my favorites are the hard to come by models that i have acquired and the story behind the acquisition. For example, I was at a shop one day and we were talking about our hobbies, his interest was trains, I explained my interest as trucks. The next time I stopped in he directed me to a coal dust covered box on a shelf in the stairway. In the box was a Hess B-model tanker with the funnel. I left there that day with that truck... I bought them several kegs of beer over the next few months.

I since have branched out into gathering other brands of truck toys, one of my most recent pieces is a Dinky McLean GMC Cannonball, I have looked high and low for one that with a decent price and finally found one.

I have attached some pictures,---- now I have to go dust...

post-91-0-73659000-1341663924_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-47481900-1341663960_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-09868900-1341664025_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-12377100-1341664081_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-52259200-1341664119_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-04199400-1341664137_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-80350800-1341664302_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-23857100-1341664371_thumb.jpg

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

I have a large collection as well. I have been collecting since I was a kid. I have attempted to pick up at least one affordable version of every Mack model replica made. I do not yet have any Smith-Millers, Swords, Smith, ASAM or Hubley. If I find one of them at a decent price I would certainly get one. I gave up hunting animals in the early '90's and turned to hunting trucks.

Some of my favorites are the hard to come by models that i have acquired and the story behind the acquisition. For example, I was at a shop one day and we were talking about our hobbies, his interest was trains, I explained my interest as trucks. The next time I stopped in he directed me to a coal dust covered box on a shelf in the stairway. In the box was a Hess B-model tanker with the funnel. I left there that day with that truck... I bought them several kegs of beer over the next few months.

I since have branched out into gathering other brands of truck toys, one of my most recent pieces is a Dinky McLean GMC Cannonball, I have looked high and low for one that with a decent price and finally found one.

I have attached some pictures,---- now I have to go dust...

Oh my god, Doug, I see 2 U models!!! A red one and a blue one!!! Who made them. I shoulda bought that Lionel one at Macungie... :blush:

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Oh my god, Doug, I see 2 U models!!! A red one and a blue one!!! Who made them. I shoulda bought that Lionel one at Macungie... :blush:

You are slacking! There are 4 U-models. The Lionel (red) a Hot Wheels (blue) and in the background (2) Hot Wheels in the box, (1) blue and (1) orange. (They are hard to see due to the glare on the plastic.)

Just like hunting, be patient and the right ones will come along. Like I told you, if I see any at a decent price, you got one.

Doug

• Like 1

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org