Diamonds were used on this era truck but these are indeed funky. Should have taken a little time to lay out better.

Vin has number two as well. Dogs are backwards!!!

Battery box location is more an R model deal than a B model.

Maybe someone was doing a little kitbashing. They got the sleeper B cab and mounted it on an AMT R model or there abouts.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Diamonds were used on this era truck but these are indeed funky. Should have taken a little time to lay out better.

Vin has number two as well. Dogs are backwards!!!

Battery box location is more an R model deal than a B model.

Maybe someone was doing a little kitbashing. They got the sleeper B cab and mounted it on an AMT R model or there abouts.

Jim

I noticed the battery boxes too.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I just took alook at your models. Fantastic work and a great collection of Macks. I especially liked the yellow one on the first page. Looks like it started life as a DM800 but it has the centred R cab. Does this make it an R800 or an RD800 or am I wrong on both counts?

Alastair

It is an RD. It is a R model cab with highly modified DM nose. The DM hoods were made longer and taller with the center taper changed to fit the wider R cab. The fenders were made wider and longer to fit the R profile. The truck was patterned after an old J.D. Pesillico unit.

The B sleeper seems to be on a R 685 chassis, apparently the builder didn't spring for the full B kit with the correct wheels and hub caps, chassis, tanks and Mack made 5th wheel. Paul

RD5.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks Paul,i have emailed both,but have not gotten a response yet. I did however find a picture of the sheet in question on the Model Cars website......................Mark

Heres what I found out. They were made by Billy Gooche in the late 90's and apparently sold to SPECIAL APPEARANCE DECALS owned by John Beckens Special request for them? Email specialappearancedecals@yahoo.com

Ebay store http://www.ebay.com/sch/special_appearance_decals/m.html

Web Store http://www.specialappearancedecalsstore.com/

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 1 month later...

Here's a few pics of my Magnum model. There's alot of after market parts,kit bashing and scratch building involved here to to make a more correct superliner model. It's not perfect but it's damn close in my opinion.

Thanks, Josh :bulldog3::SMOKIE-LFT:

I have the E9 engine kit and the camelback rear suspension to make one of my AMT kits into the correct model, the front frame is something I have to get and the right cab/hood so it doesnt flare out around the cowl, that is sweet.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Oh sweet!!!! I tried to build my first model last night. Its HO scale, so small, I broke the rear end, I couldnt even get the wheels on because crap kept braking!!!! I think I would do fine if I worked with something bigger.

I have so many HO scale trucks it kinda silly, I have been in to Model Railroading since I was little and I have amassed quite the collection, I have some Superliner kits that use an R frame that I need to build one of these days too. I have so many toy trucks I might qualify as a horder to some people I have em everywhere(in boxes right now because of the move) Kitchen, living room, office, bedroom, garage, everywhere. I have a few of the Bruder Mack Granites I have been saving to do an R/C truck using the Tamiya King Hauler chassis and some other parts I just happen to have but its not happened yet, some day.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Paul,

I'm really impressed of your collection.

Especially of the number of READY models.

I'm not glad of American Industrial's quality plus prefer to keep myself in 24th scale but the result in nothing done.

Last thing I started is Monogramm AC. It was looked to me good by the first but starting to work I resolved to rework it 70%. Still reworking :whistling:

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I finally got my first Mack! It has everything I want too:

1. It's a Mack

2. It's a wrecker

3. It's a cabover

4. It's affordable

5. I can easily park it

Here it is.

post-11944-0-00714000-1348277653_thumb.j

post-11944-0-32057200-1348277686_thumb.j

Nice looking easy packing toy!

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 4 months later...

He built it out of different kits I think. I don't take of fence to that because your being serious. I'm thinking about buying a DM600 kit. Is there anywhere or anyone I can get a little U600 emblem from?

Do you know where I can get U model kits? If I can't have a real one yet (YET) I'll have to settle for a 1:24th size version! LOL

Do you know where I can get U model kits? If I can't have a real one yet (YET) I'll have to settle for a 1:24th size version! LOL

American Industrial truck models has a U-600 transkit,you need an MPC DM-600 or DM-800 to complete it................................................Mark

http://www.aitruckmodels.com/pages/ck55macku600.html

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

yup, i have that one to. asked for it for x mas the year it came out. specified the GREEN one as i think they offered a white one to.

I remember seeing a white one,and gray? i think,i wish i had bought the green one when i had the chance!...................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

American Industrial truck models has a U-600 transkit,you need an MPC DM-600 or DM-800 to complete it................................................Mark

http://www.aitruckmodels.com/pages/ck55macku600.html

Hi, am I missing something here, why would you buy an AITM U-600 transkit, then a DM-600 or 800 kit?

If you bought an AITM U-600 transkit, would'nt it be an AMT R-685ST kit you would be needing to build the U-600?

Please let me know your logic.

Regards Jeffro.

I remember seeing a white one,and gray? i think,i wish i had bought the green one when i had the chance!...................................Mark

Mark

I think the other one the Mack co. sold was white and black.

I have that one too but like most of mine it's in it's cardboard display case somewhere so I can't see it!

Ron

• Like 1