It's nice, I give it that. $55K, likely not. B's didn't come with black interiors and red velour seats. I would pay $55K for a muesum quality restoration, done just like the factory built, but not one like that. They might have that kind of money in it, but you will never get it back out. Oh, it also needs the correct fifth wheel, battery box lid(where's the second box?), fuel tanks, and whatever else.

Where's the rest of the underhood shots and such? Where's the upper stack bracket? Seems that pipe would shake itself to pieces only being mounted by the lower band clamp.

I do like the chrome wheels.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

It's nice, I give it that. $55K, likely not. B's didn't come with black interiors and red velour seats. I would pay $55K for a muesum quality restoration, done just like the factory built, but not one like that. They might have that kind of money in it, but you will never get it back out. Oh, it also needs the correct fifth wheel, battery box lid(where's the second box?), fuel tanks, and whatever else.

Where's the rest of the underhood shots and such? Where's the upper stack bracket? Seems that pipe would shake itself to pieces only being mounted by the lower band clamp.

I do like the chrome wheels.

stole the words right outta my mouth!!!

tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

I have seen this truck in person,it sat in front of Mack of Charlotte (NC) for a couple years,allthough it is "nice" it ain't 55K nice! there are a lot of "little" things both out of place and "wrong" i rarely pick apart anyones work (whether i like it or not) but this could have been done a lot better in my opinion,it looks "rushed" to me,the paints not as nice as it looks in the picture,the bodyworks really crappy! theres a lot of "zip-ties" and spray paint lurking about under that hood!.........just my .02................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

To each their own. I like the ideas but for that money I'd like a ton of photos or a video. IMO Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It's just the one more subject to learn that an amount of money doesn't determine a wellness.

And one more time to trust that the best one is the only self-made.

At least self-created.

If somebody doesn't like green interior he is unlimited to coose any other.

But he must not to be surprized to loose the value selling it.

How was absolutely true written a time here, this is a job for love, not for a profit.

Chomed wheels look good.

New tyres also.

It hasn't green dash but the dash is done very nice and clear.

The modern style fifth wheel is a nonsence. My .02

Vlad.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 3 weeks later...

Well i would love to own that mack,and i can believe he spent that much money,its a beautiful truck,and one can see easily he built this one for personal taste to to mack a origional b-61!

I have owned three b-61's and a h-67 mack cab over,1960. i ran 21 states with the h-67 and hauled a lot of watermellons,lol

it had a 673 thermodyne engine,a 9 speed overdrive 2 stick tranny.did a good job for not having no more hp,and i ave. about 7 miles to a gal, of fuel.

I think to drive that b-61 would be a dream. :SMOKIE-RT:

• Like 1

Well i would love to own that mack,and i can believe he spent that much money,its a beautiful truck,and one can see easily he built this one for personal taste to to mack a origional b-61!

I have owned three b-61's and a h-67 mack cab over,1960. i ran 21 states with the h-67 and hauled a lot of watermellons,lol

it had a 673 thermodyne engine,a 9 speed overdrive 2 stick tranny.did a good job for not having no more hp,and i ave. about 7 miles to a gal, of fuel.

I think to drive that b-61 would be a dream. :SMOKIE-RT:

ya,,,looks pretty good,,i dont care for the color,,,but he,s asking a bit too much,,,you can find them,,in that shape alott cheaper,,,if he can get that,,,all the power to him.bob