If the first three numbers of your serial number are B-75 T there was 113 of them built in 1960

It's B75T followed by a 4 digits,here's a few more pics.The truck is very straight,and not a lot of rust.I was supposed to get it a few years ago,but some things came up.Lucky for me the owner saved it for me!Any idea what this truck's value may be?(not selling)Fully rebuilt 673 with low miles,20 speed Q-Box.Aluminum tanks,hoods,shell ect...I'm the third owner.

post-2598-0-07503400-1331858940_thumb.jp

post-2598-0-08811200-1331858950_thumb.jp

post-2598-0-14867600-1331858979_thumb.jp

If the first three numbers of your serial number are B-75 T there was 113 of them built in 1960

Well Brian says only 113 in 1960. I personally haven't seen many....Seems like it may have a "rare bird" factor to it. Maybe we should call on Superdog Mike again.....The man seems to know a thing or two about rare macks.

Well Brian says only 113 in 1960. I personally haven't seen many....Seems like it may have a "rare bird" factor to it. Maybe we should call on Superdog Mike again.....The man seems to know a thing or two about rare macks.

I've never seen a breakdown sheet on how many of each where built,where'd you find that,Brian?That would be some great rainy day or late night reading.

Another thing you want to remember,back then there were alot more single axle trucks built,do to varying weight/length laws.Also alot of tag axles in use then,lot of operators couldn't/wouldn't justify the extra cost of a twin screw.

While Mack kept track of how many of each model was made they did not keep track of thing like number of axles and cab type. The only way to figure out how many single axle.B75's were made would be to go to the Mack museum and look at the built sheet or serial number for.each one. At least with axle number you could look at the serial number list and everyone with just a T suffix is a single axle(also lt). If you want to know how many B67's were built with a concave cab you have to look at every B67 build sheet.

Very neat truck. I would love to have it. Value is a.little tough, but I would guess in the 5000-8000 range if it runs well. Maybe a little more.if someone really wanted it.

Mike

While Mack kept track of how many of each model was made they did not keep track of thing like number of axles and cab type. The only way to figure out how many single axle.B75's were made would be to go to the Mack museum and look at the built sheet or serial number for.each one. At least with axle number you could look at the serial number list and everyone with just a T suffix is a single axle(also lt). If you want to know how many B67's were built with a concave cab you have to look at every B67 build sheet.

Very neat truck. I would love to have it. Value is a.little tough, but I would guess in the 5000-8000 range if it runs well. Maybe a little more.if someone really wanted it.

Mike

Ditto on the price Mike....I'm curious about that B67 comment......I've always wondered about mine. If it was converted or if some actually came that way. I think mine is about the only B67 I've ever seen with a standard cab as opposed to the concave.

Rumor has it that my father converted one of his Bs for one of his drivers who was a BIG BOY. I don't know if this is the one or not or even if my information is scewed.....However for a man that had twenty plus B models at the time...I can't imagine anyone taking the time to cut and section a B67 Concave to a standard configuration when you could just put the man in one of the many B61s he had.

Dont see any dead giveaways on the outside and havent looked behind the headliner for clues but it is on my mind....

AAA Transport and Mushroom Transport both had B-67's with both standard and concave cabs,same thing with the B-61's those are about the only two companies i remember running both types,but MOST B-67's i've seen were concave cabs......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

We have a B66 with a concave cab and one with a standard cab. It is just an option. I was using that as an example like single axle versus tandem axle. They don't have anything to do with the model. You could have gotten various models with various options. The model implies certain things like engine and hood length, but not number of axles or cab style. You could.put sleeper cab in with the cab options. They were not kept track of either. Certainly there are many people.on here who know a lot more about this than I do. If i had more.time I would go to the Mack museum and figure some.of these things out. It would be a fun rainy day project.

Mike

Thanks for all the great info so far!This truck runs and drives VERY well.It was lubed and fluids were changed on a regular basis.Also,it only had a few drivers in it's lifetime.I paid in the middle of the values posted,and feel lucky to have got it.Many other people tried to buy the truck and he held onto it for me :twothumbsup: .

Thanks for all the great info so far!This truck runs and drives VERY well.It was lubed and fluids were changed on a regular basis.Also,it only had a few drivers in it's lifetime.I paid in the middle of the values posted,and feel lucky to have got it.Many other people tried to buy the truck and he held onto it for me :twothumbsup: .

Great to hear. I don't have any B70 series trucks but always liked the larger front ends and you had enough radiator for 300 horsepower if you weren't on the floorboard all the time.

rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Good for you BigDog...well done. Damn good find.

Didn't have a chance to climb under it to get any numbers,here's a pic of the gear shift tag.Any info/advice on this trans would be great.

Well there ya have it... Its a quadruplex. You'll be shifting the compound 4 times in every gear of the main...give or take. Probably not necessary empty. Theres a plethora of possibilities hahah. Theres enough gears in that or should I say torque multipliers too pull down the house! Good luck learning how to master that beast. Go and order this DVD that the old timers put together for us....It'll help.

http://www.longroadpro.com/2stick_frameset.htm