Got the old sleeper cab B-61 home yesterday.Probably the easiest retrieval mission I've ever been on.They had the old girl loaded up on a roll back and running when I pulled in the driveway,backed up to the rollback,tilted the bed a little and drove the B on my trailer.I was chained down and back on the road in 20 minutes.Truck sounds good.

post-61-0-82869100-1330401479_thumb.jpgpost-61-0-78972700-1330401530_thumb.jpgpost-61-0-60652400-1330401589_thumb.jpgpost-61-0-32436400-1330401687_thumb.jpgpost-61-0-30511200-1330401758_thumb.jpg

It has a END673 natural,& 10 speed Duplex.I was told when I bought it that it "ran when parked" and luckily in this case,it still does.

The tag axle is a Neway,single air bag set up.I'll get some better pics when I get it unloaded,it was too muddy yesterday to get to my unloading dock.The cab is really,really bad.I'm pretty sure that I'm going to replace it with a better one I have,and save this one for future use.

I've had this cab for a long time,and it definately is 110% better than the cab that's on the maroon one now.I was always hoping to build this truck someday,but where it needed an engine put in,and a cut off,I knew it would be a long ways off,but now by combining the 2, I should have a decent truck in the end with alot less time involved.They are pretty close relatives,actually.Both 1960's ,post-61-0-49194100-1330406488_thumb.jpgthe green one is #28121 and the new one is #28453.

nice find! Is that a tree growing thru the frame of the donor truck?

Or is it just because it has a 5 and "tree" in it :thumbsdown: .....I know,10,000 comedians out of work and thats all you can come up with!
  • Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Or is it just because it has a 5 and "tree" in it :thumbsdown: .....I know,10,000 comedians out of work and thats all you can come up with!

That donor truck cab has sprouted a "woody" knowing it will now have a purpose.

Rob

• Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've had this cab for a long time,and it definately is 110% better than the cab that's on the maroon one now.I was always hoping to build this truck someday,but where it needed an engine put in,and a cut off,I knew it would be a long ways off,but now by combining the 2, I should have a decent truck in the end with alot less time involved.They are pretty close relatives,actually.Both 1960's ,post-61-0-49194100-1330406488_thumb.jpgthe green one is #28121 and the new one is #28453.

Mike you can now prove to the county that "Mike Harbison is going green"Gotta be some kind of a grant or federal gimme for that,wouldn't ya think!. :loldude:
  • Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

post-61-0-31710600-1330450431.jpg

My wife rode along to pick the truck up,and for some reason she was a little pissed when she found out we were picking up another truck,seams that I was a little vague as to the intended cargo we were going after.So when I saw this sign,thought it would be a good idea to stop for lunch.It worked,kinda.

• Like 1

You know what ole Confucious used to say; something like, "Man who argues with woman during day, get no peace at night".

If I can serve as any kind of example, hide the knives and other sharp objects.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

you guys speek of Mike Harbiston.does he have a email address.he had a LJSWX and I'm wondering if he still has it.would like to get in touch with him.Bob

hi Bob,

I still have both of my LJSWX's.Unfortunately,the green & yellow one went from being a restorable,running truck that needed a cut off(it was cut in 2 when I bought it.)to strictly a parts donor thanks to thieves and vandals.The radiator was stolen,all glass broken,copper stripped,hole knocked in oilpan.Here is a pic of it before it was vandalized.It has a 220 Cummins that was a good runner,with a Duplex.post-61-0-65439700-1330462387_thumb.jpg

I don't have pics of the other LJSWX in my computer,it's a long wheelbase chassis,originally gas powered,it now has a 711,Duplex,and 4 speed Brownie.The cab was rusted beyond repair and was removed before I got it.Luckily,it has a good radiator and soeday I'll combine the 2 and make one whole truck.

Took her mind off it for a little while.When we walked out, a small crowd had gathered around the old B so it took an extra half hour to get out of the parking lot,she was kinda miffed again,but by the time we got home,all was cool.She never gets mad for too long,mainly cause after 25 years,she knows it don't do much good.

• Like 1

Got the old sleeper cab B-61 home yesterday.Probably the easiest retrieval mission I've ever been on.They had the old girl loaded up on a roll back and running when I pulled in the driveway,backed up to the rollback,tilted the bed a little and drove the B on my trailer.I was chained down and back on the road in 20 minutes.Truck sounds good.

Seems to be a theme of yours Mike.

I was gonna ask, "but did you get pizza"

Load a truck, go eat pizza.....