post-61-0-31710600-1330450431.jpg

My wife rode along to pick the truck up,and for some reason she was a little pissed when she found out we were picking up another truck,seams that I was a little vague as to the intended cargo we were going after.So when I saw this sign,thought it would be a good idea to stop for lunch.It worked,kinda.

That restaurant reminds me of one up the highway a few exits - The Pizza Cabin - I bet they don't have either of those pizza places on the east coast. I also bet that the Pizza Ranch is like The Pizza Cabin in that it does not serve Perogies?

I've had this cab for a long time,and it definately is 110% better than the cab that's on the maroon one now.I was always hoping to build this truck someday,but where it needed an engine put in,and a cut off,I knew it would be a long ways off,but now by combining the 2, I should have a decent truck in the end with alot less time involved.They are pretty close relatives,actually.Both 1960's ,post-61-0-49194100-1330406488_thumb.jpgthe green one is #28121 and the new one is #28453.

Mike,I remember going to Florida in '74 and there was a steel hauling outfit that was running a bunch of green sleeper cabs like that.Do you know the history of that truck?

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I've had this cab for a long time,and it definately is 110% better than the cab that's on the maroon one now.I was always hoping to build this truck someday,but where it needed an engine put in,and a cut off,I knew it would be a long ways off,but now by combining the 2, I should have a decent truck in the end with alot less time involved.They are pretty close relatives,actually.Both 1960's ,post-61-0-49194100-1330406488_thumb.jpgthe green one is #28121 and the new one is #28453.

Would that be a Mack Six Seventy Tree?

• Like 1

That restaurant reminds me of one up the highway a few exits - The Pizza Cabin - I bet they don't have either of those pizza places on the east coast. I also bet that the Pizza Ranch is like The Pizza Cabin in that it does not serve Perogies?

Is pizza in the Ozarks english muffins with chef Boy'or'dee?

Nope,no perogies,but for some dumb reason they do have fried chicken.

Mike,I remember going to Florida in '74 and there was a steel hauling outfit that was running a bunch of green sleeper cabs like that.Do you know the history of that truck?

I haven't got much history on either,except for what I posted about the maroon one in my other post.The green cab I got from Calvin Cochran,and he told me had had bought it from someone local to him in Crawfordsville,IN.Someday I'll get enough money saved up and I'll send a bunch of my VIN #'s to the museum to get more info,They'd be able to build on a new wing if I sent all of them in.

• Like 1

I haven't got much history on either,except for what I posted about the maroon one in my other post.The green cab I got from Calvin Cochran,and he told me had had bought it from someone local to him in Crawfordsville,IN.Someday I'll get enough money saved up and I'll send a bunch of my VIN #'s to the museum to get more info,They'd be able to build on a new wing if I sent all of them in.

10-4! I did see most of them on I-65 in Indiana,so who knows? I remember them well,because that was my first sighting of a B with an integral sleeper.10-4, on that Harbison wing at the museum! :clock_logo:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I remember seeing his 59 sleeper cab running the roads myself.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Calvin had a beautiful truck,too bad he got bit by the red oval bug and sold it.Jerry Howard owns it now and I'm sure it's still in as nice of condition as when Calvin had it.It has a 300 Maxidyne,backed by a Quad,and an air tag axle.He fitted the B75 radiator and had a hood built to fit.Calvin is a super guy,definately one of a kind.post-61-0-91097900-1330525376_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Calvin had a beautiful truck,too bad he got bit by the red oval bug and sold it.Jerry Howard owns it now and I'm sure it's still in as nice of condition as when Calvin had it.It has a 300 Maxidyne,backed by a Quad,and an air tag axle.He fitted the B75 radiator and had a hood built to fit.Calvin is a super guy,definately one of a kind.post-61-0-91097900-1330525376_thumb.jpg

Jack Hess had that one for a little while.You can bet anything Jerry Howard gets a hold of, will always look nice as (or better than) when the last guy had it!

Jack Hess had that one for a little while.You can bet anything Jerry Howard gets a hold of, will always look nice as (or better than) when the last guy had it!

If I would have known Calvin was selling it,Jack wouldn't have ended up with it.I don't know how long Jack had it,but it wasn't very long,as he had it for sale again at the next Walcott show.By then it was priced out of my league.

I think we need to have a work day at Mike's place - I would think we could find sumpin there to do in exchange for a guided tour of those 140 (at last count ) Macks.

Nothing like inviting myself and everyone else over for a spell.................we would chip in and buy Mike's lunch at the Pizza Ranch

I would work there for a year for that u model..

I think Umodel's trying to corner the market! He might have something there!
  • Like 1

I think Umodel's trying to corner the market! He might have something there!

Ahh shit. I may have to buy one of those things, then take advantage of the available free labor around the shop to get my own stuff done. After a year or so of this pattern, I'd give the kid the truck. By then he would have the skills necessary to complete his own projects and be proud of the result(s).

But, there ain't no way in hell I'm sharing my Snickers Stash.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ahh shit. I may have to buy one of those things, then take advantage of the available free labor around the shop to get my own stuff done. After a year or so of this pattern, I'd give the kid the truck. By then he would have the skills necessary to complete his own projects and be proud of the result(s).

But, there ain't no way in hell I'm sharing my Snickers Stash.

Rob

AH,Grass hopper walk across the grass paper with paint cans and handy wipes to achieve greatness which will bring you closer to Master U model. Says Buddah Rob
  • Like 2

AH,Grass hopper walk across the grass paper with paint cans and handy wipes to achieve greatness which will bring you closer to Master U model. Says Buddah Rob

Tims joke

Umodelnut

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian