13 years but she won.....

Lmackattack

Took me 7 to put the ring on her finger....and it's been 3 years and counting since then and we still haven't made it to the alter. I keep teasing her that our engagement has outlasted a lot of marriages. :blush:

Congradulations Trey, but take it from some of us single guys.........a blowup doll is less expensive and ya don't have to draw up a prenuptual agreement.

LOL

mike

Maybe its just me, but if a person feels the need to draw up a prenup, they shouldn't be getting married. Marriage is SUPPOSED to be a life-long commitment, and if you have ANY doubts at all, you shouldn't pledge to stick with that other person "until death do us part".

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I Proposed to my Girlfriend Sarah of 13 years. I just had to give up as she just would not leave me alone. the old saying if you cant beat them, join them.... ( Atleast thats my story )

We spent newyears out in Galena IL with a few friends and I proposed to her last Friday night in the old Grant Park across the river from downtown Galena. Starting a new Chapter in our life and wanted to share.

congratulations. i am in the same boat as you, my girlfriend susan and i got married on thanksgiving day in 2011 after dating for 5 years. hey, life is short. i am glad to have found someone that i can live with and be happy as i get older.

• 10 months later...

Cough.....Well this year has flown by!

I had one hell of a bachelore party 2 weeks ago. It Started out late afternoon with endurance style Go karting. I had invited some ex champ car race car drivers and car builders. It was a blast and I took third!. not bad for a trucker! Party ended at 6 am with the last topless waitress leaving after serving us for over 8 hrs. My best man Managed to keep me alive and not violate any contracts with her. I wont go into any of the top secret details but my sides have been hurting from all the laughs and pranks they played on me. People lousing kar keys in strippers cleavage. streakers at the hotel pool, strangers from another wedding trying to crash my wedding reception, friends passed out in the ditch next to the hiway at the reception hall, Forced drunken Motorboating just about all of her bridal partyand the list goes on and on and on... Suprisenly with all that madness she still agreed to get hitched this past weekend 12-1-12

Weather was in the low 60s no rain , We decorated my 65 caddy and my groomsmen and I stopped at the local tavern for one last drink. Church went perfect.Reception was a hit, hotel party ended at 7 am and woke up without feeling any different than before. She was stunning and brought a tear to my eye when she walked through those church doors. She even had a special grooms man cake made for me with my Cadillac,Mack,Blues brothers hat,Gears and Railroad items on my cake. Class all the way with this one!

Thought I would share some of the results of the past few weeks. More to come later!

Trent

post-17-0-17803600-1354578413_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-43385300-1354578424_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-82632300-1354578433_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-53406100-1354578531_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-57851900-1354578544_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-11043900-1354579275_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-78306500-1354579282_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-57351700-1354579290_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-72842800-1354579662_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-03605400-1354579673_thumb.jpg

Congrats. If she waited that long she knew what she was getting into. I was with my wife for 15 years before we tied the knot and 4 years married. It sounds like you guys have what it takes for it to last. May you have many MANY years of bliss.

37 years married last April Fools day... wish you the same looong marriage too. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well Done!

Did you leave the wedding driving a black Mack?

No I did not. I left in my 65' caddy with my bride,best man and a bunch a blondes. no way that was happing in a R model with no sleeper.

We did kick around the idea of my buddy taking his RD and dump trailer and I would follow him with about a 100 beer cans strung out the back of the tailgate. But that was going to be alot of work and I was hung over the night before LOL.... But it crossed minds more than once that day!