new RD cab in crate

Hi, I am new to the forum and I'm not sure if this is the proper spot for this or not.

We have a new cab still in the crate for a Mack truck. It is for a RD model mid 90's early 2000's.

Was purchased to replace one on a concrete truck but never taken out of the crate.

Anybody know where I might go to sell something like this?

Hi, I am new to the forum and I'm not sure if this is the proper spot for this or not.

We have a new cab still in the crate for a Mack truck. It is for a RD model mid 90's early 2000's.

Was purchased to replace one on a concrete truck but never taken out of the crate.

Anybody know where I might go to sell something like this?

wow thats cool. but i think ebay would be the best way to try and sell it.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Sorry, no B models, though I think I would be very popular if I did.

I think I will try to figure out Ebay, never tried it before.

I'm still trying to nail down a $ amount. I'm helping out a company that is a victim of the economy. They sold several trucks through Ritchie Brothers, not sure why this wasn't included.

$51 LOL!!!

Put it down in the "for sale" section and see if it rattles any cages. Maybe even Craigslist? With enough networking, I'm sure someone will tell someone that knows someone that needs one! Save yourself the overbloated fees of Ebay.

I wonder how versatile that cab is? How far back would it work? What's different(if there is).

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I'm not sure what the difference is, I just know that it was purchased for late 90's early 2000's trucks. You guys are the Gurus, the Experts, the Top Dogs, the (wait a minute I gotta put my boots on) the All Knowing Mack Men, I was hoping you would know more info than me. :whistling:

I'm not sure what the difference is, I just know that it was purchased for late 90's early 2000's trucks. You guys are the Gurus, the Experts, the Top Dogs, the (wait a minute I gotta put my boots on) the All Knowing Mack Men, I was hoping you would know more info than me. :whistling:

I'd start your bidding at $1000.00 without a reserve. It is giving nobody any service without being used. I really have never purchased a complete new shell so don't know what the actual value would be. I'm assuming they are still available as a service replacement assembly but they could have been discontinued by now.

There are at least four differing mounting arrangements for the cab to chassis I can remember. The basic cab structure is the same however. The mountings bolt to the floor and gussets.

What part of St. Louis are you in? I grew up about a mile east of Bevo Mill.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ah, a southside boy, the cab is located in the Maryland Heights area if you know where that is. It's not too far from the Lambert - St. Louis International Airport.

I'm getting a bit famiar with Lambert. I'm a radar tech with the FAA working with the crew/engineers that are repairing/upgrading that site.

I left the area in 1976 when grandpa retired from Monsanto. Still have adoptive relatives in the area however I visit occasionally. I actually lived basically where Gustine, and Delor meet together. There is a big metal stamping outfit there called "General Metals" and has been for over 50 years.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I know the area myself. I have an uncle that still lives about a half mile from there. He has lived in the same house his entire life. It was known as the Scrubby Dutch part of St. Louis. Sorry to hear you have to fly into Lambert. It's not one of the better airports for convenience. Do you get to travel to any fun cities?

I know the area myself. I have an uncle that still lives about a half mile from there. He has lived in the same house his entire life. It was known as the Scrubby Dutch part of St. Louis. Sorry to hear you have to fly into Lambert. It's not one of the better airports for convenience. Do you get to travel to any fun cities?

"Scrubby Dutch"? I haven't heard that term in almost 40 years. That was typically working class neighborhoods in a simpler time.

I usually don't fly much into airports. Usually drive when visiting other sites. I'm permanently stationed at Hanna City, IL which is about 20 miles due west of Peoria. Been here a little over 21 years now.

Rob

I get antsy myself if I have to fly out West. I start to think about who maintains the equipment LOL!! I wonder if he maybe left a Twinkie wrapper stuck in a contactor LMAO!!!!!

I get thoughts of the movie "Airplane", where the goofy guy in the tower unplugs the orange cord and the field goes dark!! Then says....."just kidding".

Larry

I get antsy myself if I have to fly out West. I start to think about who maintains the equipment LOL!! I wonder if he maybe left a Twinkie wrapper stuck in a contactor LMAO!!!!!

I get thoughts of the movie "Airplane", where the goofy guy in the tower unplugs the orange cord and the field goes dark!! Then says....."just kidding".

yeah, I remember that too. I liked the line; "Check the radar range", and the guy opens the microwave oven and says; "About two minutes"!

I think there were a few "liberties" taken with that movie.........

Why do you think I don't fly?????? I know who maintains the airspace!!!!

Rob

I picked a bad day to start taking Amphetamines............LOL!!

The jet plane that sounds like a DC9 LOL!!!

"Ok guys get some pictures"........and they steal them off the walls.

"Surely you must be kidding?" "No I'm not and stop calling me Shirley".

"We have clearance, Clarence", "roger, Roger, what's our vector Victor".

Classic stuff.

Ok, back to our previously scheduled show.......... (sorry)

Larry

I picked a bad day to start taking Amphetamines............LOL!!

The jet plane that sounds like a DC9 LOL!!!

"Ok guys get some pictures"........and they steal them off the walls.

"Surely you must be kidding?" "No I'm not and stop calling me Shirley".

"We have clearance, Clarence", "roger, Roger, what's our vector Victor".

Classic stuff.

Ok, back to our previously scheduled show.......... (sorry)

That is one I still find funny. Barbara Billingsly: "Excuse me, I speak Jive". "Cut me some slack Jack", "Fool don't know nothin bout nothin no way"!!

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

CodeJ,

Did you ever sell the cab? I grew up about a mile from 5 Star and watched their stuff go through Ritchie Brothers last year. The prices were sad on some of the trucks. I saw the cab on Craigslist. PM me if you still have it or other R parts. I'd be interested.