My other new toy, RS795LST

I just bought this 1976 RS795LST about 3 weeks ago and I'm in love with it. Its got an ENDT 865 V8 with a 2 stick 6 speed. The cab needs replaced because it's rotted in several spots on the floor but my buddy's got one for me that just needs painted inside and out. The old girl will set you back in the seat. I'm planning on leaving it pretty much the way it is because it's just about the way I would have wanted one for as long as I can remember wanting a R700. I was going to paint it a dark blue but after getting it cleaned up I kind of like the wayy it's paint. Deatials, details! Oh ya did I mention is has a V8[i'm in candy land here]! I even have 2 spare engines to go get. My dad even remembers seeing this truck when she was brand new but back then she was painted blue front to back. What do you guys think of my big green bulldog?

Thanks,

Josh

• Like 2

Uhhhhhh, I think that might get lonely. Best give it to me so it has company. Those 700's like to travel in "packs".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Mike,

That's what every body thats seen has said. As for the cab it could be fix with alot of work but as I said a friend of mine already has a good cab for me. I certainly not going to get rid of the cab because

I may need it for a future project you never know. The top of the cab is really like new as are the doors just the very bottom of it is got issues. As for it being rare thats kind of what I was thinking but Ireally haven't been able to find out how many were made. Does any one know?

Thanks,

Josh

Rob,

My brother has his eye on a DM897ST V8 that should keep it company just fine unless you want to send him either your RL797 or your RL755. I like that idea myself that way we'll be even you 2 us 2.

What do you say? Deal HAHA!

Thanks again,

Josh

I'd still be one up on you. I bought another RL797 last week, (shhhhh). That makes two I've got to get after.......

Looking at another also but it's an RS767 something with a blown engine. You got some catching up to do so best get with the program!!

Glad you finally got one rounded up. Been a long search.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Does that engine run? Looks like it hasn't had an alternator belt installed for quite some time. None of my V8 Mack engines have those style valve covers with the road draft tubes. I only knew of the aluminum type I have, and the stamped steel style without "Dynatard".

Rob

Thank for all the great comments. As for the engine it had not been started since 1999 until we got it home. As soon as we got fuel to it it started right up and it sounds beautiful. I have since add a new alternator belt. The oil pan needs welded because it has a crack[you can see ever placed I've parked it]. the motor itself has been redone a some point[my cousin would know when]. The block, manifolds, and injection pump are all original. The oil pan, heads and valve covers are all off of a 1972 ENDT866. The motor originally had a dyntard engine brake but when it was rebuilt it was not put back on the engine. As for the breathers on the valve covers there off 6 cyls. but they're staying. When this truck was new it pulled a dump trailer. The second owner[the guy I bought it from] pulled a Rogers low boy with it until 1999 when he parked it for some reason. From what I've heard this was one of the nicesed looking trucks in pittsburgh back in its hay day. I did put the stack back on it too.

Thanks,

Josh

Thank for all the great comments. As for the engine it had not been started since 1999 until we got it home. As soon as we got fuel to it it started right up and it sounds beautiful. I have since add a new alternator belt. The oil pan needs welded because it has a crack[you can see ever placed I've parked it]. the motor itself has been redone a some point[my cousin would know when]. The block, manifolds, and injection pump are all original. The oil pan, heads and valve covers are all off of a 1972 ENDT866. The motor originally had a dyntard engine brake but when it was rebuilt it was not put back on the engine. As for the breathers on the valve covers there off 6 cyls. but they're staying. When this truck was new it pulled a dump trailer. The second owner[the guy I bought it from] pulled a Rogers low boy with it until 1999 when he parked it for some reason. From what I've heard this was one of the nicesed looking trucks in pittsburgh back in its hay day. I did put the stack back on it too.

Thanks,

Josh

Glad to hear it runs well. Those engines are getting expensive to repair if major in nature.

That should make you a real nice truck.

Rob

nice truck there Love the long hoods!

Greco Const out of mt Prospect IL (Chicagoland) had 2 just like that used for their low boy trucks. V8mack 6 speeds 4.17 rears,Budd front spoked rears small fuel tanks. they were red with blue stripes.Both had rod and main troubles but were fixed. they also had bad cab mounts at the rear as the bad roads. the interior floor beam was bent upwards! just beat the hell out of them. they were up for sale for 10K each about 5 years ago. heard they went to Africa?

nice truck there Love the long hoods!

Greco Const out of mt Prospect IL (Chicagoland) had 2 just like that used for their low boy trucks. V8mack 6 speeds 4.17 rears,Budd front spoked rears small fuel tanks. they were red with blue stripes.Both had rod and main troubles but were fixed. they also had bad cab mounts at the rear as the bad roads. the interior floor beam was bent upwards! just beat the hell out of them. they were up for sale for 10K each about 5 years ago. heard they went to Africa?

i hate when them good "ol" macks get exported. :thumbsdown: i wish i could save them all LOL

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg