New Mack Model Coming Soon.

There is a new Mack truck coming out soon. Cant really comment on it to much right now as I dont want to get anybody in trouble. It is a special application model that no one here probably buy but you see them working and I think they will sell good to their market application. I think they will debut it at the big Truck show in Louisville KY. It's nothing super high-tech or ground breaking but sure to cause some talk among the "Old School" die hard Mack fans.

• Like 1

I guess I should have added it will be more of a lighter duty truck but I think it will be heavier duty than the Midliners.

I'll eventually share some pictures. The first one went down the line a few weeks ago. Don't get too excited it's nothing like the Titan.

• Like 1

Let me quess... Cummins engine? Not if it competes with Volvo/Mack, so it guess it has to be smaller than the MP7/D11. And weren't the Manager and FL killed off by a non compete agreement with GM dating from when they bought out GMC's heavy truck business in the 1980s? Well, GM just got out of the heavy truck business, so that non compete no longer applies. So it'll be a medium powered by a Cummins engine of less than 10 liters. Now the question... What cab(s) will it use?

Wouldn't it be great if they reintroduced the "R" cab on a lighter duty chassis?!

I suggested this to a Mack engineer and his reply was there were more parts to the R cab than the CH, there were leaks in the R cab. Seems like a weak response to me. The R cab would be ideal for a class seven truck and would allow parts for older R models to become more available again.

I suggested this to a Mack engineer and his reply was there were more parts to the R cab than the CH, there were leaks in the R cab. Seems like a weak response to me. The R cab would be ideal for a class seven truck and would allow parts for older R models to become more available again.

He is correct in the amount of parts to build the cabs but I think he blew you off anyways. The R series cab was a loose affair in comparison to the newer stuff but it really wasn't developed much after the 1974 model year with the introduction of the bubble back cab panel to correct the main detractor of very small interior room. Popularity carried that cab design for many years till "creature comforts" were needed to sell a new truck rather than brute functionality and durability. How many new trucks do you see produced with manual steering and no mechanical air conditioning? How about a manual passenger side window, or power/heated mirrors?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

He is correct in the amount of parts to build the cabs but I think he blew you off anyways. The R series cab was a loose affair in comparison to the newer stuff but it really wasn't developed much after the 1974 model year with the introduction of the bubble back cab panel to correct the main detractor of very small interior room. Popularity carried that cab design for many years till "creature comforts" were needed to sell a new truck rather than brute functionality and durability. How many new trucks do you see produced with manual steering and no mechanical air conditioning? How about a manual passenger side window, or power/heated mirrors?

Rob

Close your eyes now...we are following the lead of Ford, Chevy, and Dodge...think Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger...now...are you still with me?...Big beautiful bright red 2012 B Model...air ride cab, air ride seat, air ride suspension, tilt-telespcoping wheel, power windows and door locks, AC, powers steering, 700HP with an 18spd, seven inch twin stacks.............

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted, if the factory did this, they would probably want $500K for it! :SMOKIE-LFT: