Lmackattack

There was discussion about this among a couple of the guys at Macungie. Some think he is employed by Volvo. I personally don't care either way. I enjoy the history and pictures. But inquiring minds want to know I guess.

• 8 months later...

Kscarbel....

Just wondering , you seam like you really follow truck manufacturing history. Do you specialize in Mack's history or do you follow all brands? Is your vast knowledge of truck history from your Carear in the field or more of a hobby?

My knowledge is from my career in the trucking industry.

Being involved in the global truck industry, I make note of any and all developments. The world is a much smaller place today.

• Like 1

kscarbel - your posts about truckmaking history are something special on these forums, right since you started posting. I also wanted to thank you for the interesting information you're posting. I once asked you for help on the topic of the Superliner, I sure wished you would help me on this one...

As for the Mack company, it always hurts my heart to see waste - and gutting Mack wasted many opportunities - for people to have good jobs, for truckers to have good machines to work with and so on. I read many times your writing about how it's a shame and pity - but what would be interesting is to hear your opinnion on what was the reason for what happened. Somebody sold, somebody bought and then decided to take it all apart - I would like to ask your opinion as to why? The economic theory says people are rational. By that nobody would kill a hen laying golden eggs. I look forward tou your view on that.

Once again, thanks for sharing and have a nice day

Paweł

• 8 years later...