Pictures of the Week

other dog

The Zenith I'm working on now is nice in the throttle shaft, the accelerator pump check and discharge nozzle were shot/plugged and that will cause some running issues!

The Carter BBR next up will require a shaft bushing and may be some build up on the shaft and re machining back to std size.

Back at the time I was wrench turning in a automotive shop, I would take a "junkyard" carb over a "rebuild" from some of the major commercial rebuilders. I've seen some real junk. 

I had one where I could get a brand new throttle body, but for most I would get one from a yard and overhaul it.

Any extra time spent setting up the overbore on the throttle body will pay dividends, just like any machining operation, sloppy set up ruins a good machine job.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mowerman said:

I haven’t used a machine shop in 40 years but from what I hear like every thing else they are a fortune 

You get what you pay for like most instances.  My work place specializes in Injection molding.  The shop that does my motor work is a bit on the higher side, but that is more for the fact they won't cut corners, at all.  Do it their way or take it some place else.  They will tell you so.  With the large drop in shops like it, they can be picky.  They are swamped as is, so a lost job isn't hurting them.  I have been using them for 35 yrs.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 5/13/2024 at 5:24 PM, other dog said:

Carburetor guy dropped the carburetor off today. He's the guy around here that everybody says knows carburetors and how to work on them. Young fella too, looks like he's about 60. He told me to call him when I put it on and he'd come over and make any needed adjustments. He said there was indeed still debris in it, and I'm definitely NOT a carburetor guy, but he also said the rubber thing on the accelerator pump was off of whatever it's supposed to be on, and laying down in the bottom. I know rubber hates ethanol gas so even though it's more expensiver that's all I'm going to put in it. If it finally runs that is, if it doesn't it's either going away from here or something that will run has to go in it.

I was going to try to put the carburetor on in the morning but there's a 90% chance of rain tomorrow, so I don't know.

I have to do everything in the driveway, I have no shop, and the only tools I have is a big hammer, a long handle punch, a screwdriver, pair of channel lock pliers, and an adjustable wrench. So here's another girl in another car, from the interweb.

FB_IMG_1715631668227.thumb.jpg.f15f5ea20303e595403f6b7d8b2e7a10.jpg

For some reason that picture makes me wonder about the floats in the carb.......or something like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, other dog said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ydsEgcn2FX13QMPD9

I don't know if this link works or not, I took a 15 second video of the truck running with the choke open for the first time since it's been here. Carburetor guy just left, he set the air mixture screws and said it should be all right, so I hope so. Just gotta put the air cleaner back on now.

If it doesn't work, here's a girl I saw at the Winfall Coffee Bar & Cafe last weekend. She asked me if she could buy me a cup of coffee but I told her no, I didn't have time to fool with her or a cup of coffee. 

Screenshot_20240516-082503.thumb.png.26e3dfcd59b76c5383338bc37e291092.png

Well no need to swing by to sort this out now 

Never know I might just swing by in a couple of months to say gudday 

Paul