Ford Means Business In Big Trucks

kscarbel2

On 12/9/2023 at 11:20 PM, kscarbel2 said:

This is a beautiful truck.......Ford F-Max L, powered by the 500 horsepower Ford 12.7L Ecotorq.

https://www.fordtrucks.com.tr/Uploads/Documents/f_max_l_eng_euro6e.pdf

Photo 2a.jpg

is this a Ford built motor or a rebadged motor

The figures are pretty impressive, not huge by todays standards but a good performer by the way it reads

As much power as a E9 500

Paul

On 12/16/2023 at 8:20 AM, BOBWhite said:

Ford built and designed they say, although I've read that Italian Iveco might have had their hand in designing it.

Fiat Iveco are the biggest diesel engine manufacturers in the world 

Ford NewHolland farm tractors are owned by Iveco

So it would most likely be that a lot of this engineering is in this motor

Probably a lot like Mack and Scania once were 

Same same but totally different 

From the numbers of trucks built in Europe I would very much doubt it is a dud at all

Paul

On 12/14/2023 at 9:42 PM, dogg rescue said:

I had heard you were kicked off bmt  for snarky remarks but maybe I'm mistaken. 

You heard wrong. Whoever told you that is grossly misinformed. I invite you to call Barry.

Even busier than before, I lack the time to post as much as I once did.

11 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Bob, at the EPA's direction and with their funding, Navistar attempted to reach EPA2010 (virtually Euro 6) with MEGR (massive exhaust gas recirculation.....levels of 35% to 50%).

Today's engines still utilize a modest amount of EGR, but SCR to achieve emissions with Adblue.

29 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Bob, at the EPA's direction and with their funding, Navistar attempted to reach EPA2010 (virtually Euro 6) with MEGR (massive exhaust gas recirculation.....levels of 35% to 50%).

Today's engines still utilize a modest amount of EGR, but SCR to achieve emissions with Adblue.

thx for clarification..glad you are back !!

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

were you the one a number of years ago looking to turn your Virginia property into a retired Veteran community? I thought that was a great idea, was annoyed to hear how much of a roadblock the local government was on it.

That was 41Chevy. He has since disappeared. I read a while back some were speculating he had passed on. 

On 12/6/2023 at 1:00 AM, kscarbel2 said:

"At Ford, we're serious about trucking. That's why we designed the new F-Line from the ground up to meet your needs. Why we build them to be lightweight and tough. And back them with a global dealer network specializing in heavy trucks with some of the finest facilities in the industry."

Ford-Trucks_Solutrans_FLINE_Nov23.jpeg

1845t-f-max-select-qw01kmp4.jpeg

1701341065666.jpg

FordTrucks-Sulutrans-5.jpg

These look like Japanese trucks we have in Australia.

7 hours ago, Licensed to kill said:

Looks like Scania and MANN hit the ball, Ford just went to where it landed and picked it up. 

MAN builds a very good truck, arguably better than M-B.

However Scania with its Mack-born V8 is simply the world's best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think they’re not a bad looking truck. They fit right in these days, but I think that’s mostly European. Let’s face it. Everything over here is turned. Ugly… That’s not a bad looking unit certainly is the lesser of most evil. a lot of us are stuck in nowadays ….Peterbilt and Mack’s  would be the only ones that  somewhat held on to half decent appearance .. bob