1959 Mack G Model

67RModel

That's one nice looking unit. And the wheelbase is quite long for a cabover.

Honestly with all those sanctions, limitations on export and higher Dollar cost in my country I feel a kind better with much less of drool over one (two-three-four) more potential never finished project.

Thanks for posting the pic. Facebook is still off my achievement.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Vlad I didn't know you couldn't get Facebook at the moment, I think thats what your saying

And like Vlad, I have to many projects on at the moment and Australia and the leftards running the show have made it almost impossible to import trucks into Australia as of July 1st this year

But yes that G model does look good 

Paul

I think there is an ongoing "debate" or discussion as to whether or not the G model was a copy of the Kenworth cab of the time. Supposedly Mack hired Kenworth's designer and the two cabs ended up being mostly identical. (or something like that). The Mack museum even went so far as to research all their records and make a publication about it due to many inquiries on the matter. See below. I think there a few old threads here on the forum about it as well if you search.

https://www.macktruckshistoricalmuseum.org/-/media/files/museum/g-model-faq.pdf?rev=9af9c3b4171a46a4944ae8e1caf7e3fa&hash=A661054EBD3DE8B3CBEC5171BC25354B

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 67RModel said:

I think there is an ongoing "debate" or discussion as to whether or not the G model was a copy of the Kenworth cab of the time. Supposedly Mack hired Kenworth's designer and the two cabs ended up being mostly identical. (or something like that). The Mack museum even went so far as to research all their records and make a publication about it due to many inquiries on the matter. See below. I think there a few old threads here on the forum about it as well if you search.

https://www.macktruckshistoricalmuseum.org/-/media/files/museum/g-model-faq.pdf?rev=9af9c3b4171a46a4944ae8e1caf7e3fa&hash=A661054EBD3DE8B3CBEC5171BC25354B

That's funny.  Even if there is no connection between manufacturers, it is likely that different manufacturers could arrive at similar designs.  Happens all the time!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

5 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I wonder how much of the grille they reused from the H (top) on the G (bottom).

image.png.babf7afce2663e0b4eec4a3ccd752871.png image.png.cbb9f5bbc5118962af94908c585ef21d.png

Looks like the complete set up.

Good catch up. I always knew they look similar but the reference you showed really surprizes.

18 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Vlad I didn't know you couldn't get Facebook at the moment, I think thats what your saying

And like Vlad, I have to many projects on at the moment and Australia and the leftards running the show have made it almost impossible to import trucks into Australia as of July 1st this year

Paul

Yes Paul, Facebook is blocked by the locals. Along with a few (many?) other resources. For example they limited access to Linkedin about a decade back already. There are talks on limiting Youtube partially or complete but looks like there are troubles with that. So far.

Actually I never did much with FB. Otherwise I would probably resolve the issue using VPN or so as many other folks do here. Just don't have real need so don't pay enough attention.

That's sad importing a truck to Australia became impossible. I heard about troubles in the past. Here I can't and couldn't import a truck for a while. It must be higher than Euro-5 emission level, otherwise prohibited. I can import a vehicle as a so-called cultural value. It must be 30 or more years old and pre-agreed by an expert of the Ministry of Culture. No import tax for such object but it gets not allowed to drive in a public road. Just no title is issued. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

Actually I never did much with FB. Otherwise I would probably resolve the issue using VPN or so as many other folks do here. Just don't have real need so don't pay enough attention.

Your not missing much. Its dubbed "social media" but actually encourages people to be less social with one another. The Marketplace feature is the only useful part of it in my eyes. Everyone has moved to Marketplace to sell whatever they have to sell. Craigslist and the like have essentially disappeared and are no longer useful because everyone has gone to FB Marketplace. In a good way I think it encourages a lot of people, who inherit or otherwise come to have what they think is "junk", list it for sale. You can essentially find just about anything you want on Marketplace. If somebody is selling one it will eventually pop up on there. Its actually crazy how many vintage and antique Mack and other brand trucks are on there. I only every try and post the "special" ones but its full of old iron all over the country. I don't have Facebook but even if you don't have it you can search the listings through SearchTempest.com or other sites like that. If I find something I am interested in I have to have my wife contact them for me to get a phone number since she has a FB account. 

Edited by 67RModel

23 hours ago, 67RModel said:

Your not missing much. Its dubbed "social media" but actually encourages people to be less social with one another. The Marketplace feature is the only useful part of it in my eyes. Everyone has moved to Marketplace to sell whatever they have to sell. Craigslist and the like have essentially disappeared and are no longer useful because everyone has gone to FB Marketplace. In a good way I think it encourages a lot of people, who inherit or otherwise come to have what they think is "junk", list it for sale. You can essentially find just about anything you want on Marketplace. If somebody is selling one it will eventually pop up on there. Its actually crazy how many vintage and antique Mack and other brand trucks are on there. I only every try and post the "special" ones but its full of old iron all over the country. I don't have Facebook but even if you don't have it you can search the listings through SearchTempest.com or other sites like that. If I find something I am interested in I have to have my wife contact them for me to get a phone number since she has a FB account. 

Thanks for the points. I'm not much into social media, prefere actual contacts and talks. Which I have more than I would like to have time to pay attention to everyone. BMT is a kind of social media either and it's my only exception at the moment. Main reason is the subject of discussions which I really like and also have no alternative places to provide or be involved into. The 2nd is possibility to participate culture of a different nation and society. And putting aside possible argueing on which is worse and which's better you can relate what you see and understand and make your "food for thought" much more extensive.

On my mind that's good when plenty of vintage artifacts find their way to the market. A thing can go to a person who needs it instead of getting lays of dust in someone's barn. And the more facilities helping goods to move the better. For the best those facilites should be both seller and customer friendly.

Personally I'm not much in need of Mack parts at the moment. Collected plenty during the years keeping in mind I should catch as long as I could and now it seems I was right on that. On the other hand as deeper I'm in my projects as clearer I see I more need time and labour that extra parts. Even money don't work without personal elbow grease. So under current circumstances I try focusing myself on work and this way the circumstances may be looked over as a positive factor. Or maybe that's just me trying to get outcome from any situation. I understand the matter of the circumstances and way off from any complain. Unfortunately I can't influence on them and could not.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 4:21 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

Paul

My God bud I thought this was the only communist place that sucks

• Haha 1