A New Breed of Mack Trucks Announcement March 8th

37 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Ok Bullheaded...  Im not in touch with the new stuff like I used to be.. 👍

Some of the aftermarket LED bulbs I have seen are like that too. They have fans on them. 

Some do and some don't? 

Did y'all see the new Granite updates yet? Nobody has mentioned them yet here. But then again most of us hate new stuff anyway. I just saw it in an email I received.

New grill shape and heated LED headlights like the new Star's have.

So I was curious about this headlight topic..  Yes TJC, LED headlights are legal..  The D.O.T./N.T.S.B. says that any headlight can be no brighter than 3000 Lumens..  I figured I would post this, in case someone needs the info before converting their truck..  Jojo

• Like 1

God Bless you both..   I'm going to try to get in better shape this year, I pulled my canoe out of the back corner and fixed it up..  along with some fishing poles..  figure I can mix a nice day on the water with some excersize..  Ooopps.. I'm sidetracking again..  :) 

• Haha 1

besides the explorer, 3 F550's in work, and the two Kenworth T880's with LED headlights, i also put a set of LED sealed beam replacements in the 04 F350. 

difference is i aim the lights low so they do not blind anyone. and NEVER use high beams. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Don’t worry bud I got your back ha ha your idea sounds less stressful but there always a really good time great crowd, then beer and food afterwards then we’re going to a birthday party after for a 30 year old that I have to be in bed by seven for back to work Monday 

5218F7BF-2F3D-4C09-92DC-04BE0B46B554.png

1 minute ago, tjc transport said:

besides the explorer, 3 F550's in work, and the two Kenworth T880's with LED headlights, i also put a set of LED sealed beam replacements in the 04 F350. 

difference is i aim the lights low so they do not blind anyone. and NEVER use high beams. 

Hardly anybody thinks of that these days that’s the ticket

• Like 1

Dunno, I think the tin foil hat is about to be put on 

There is huge supply issues on just about everything these days, from basic hand tools to full size trucks, to new houses 

I think it is companies dont want to carry stock

After all the economy is about stuffed at the moment according to the media yet no one can get workers

Back in the late 80's early 90's when the economy went tits up there was no work about anywhere, I  went fruit picking, working on cattle stations, scrub pulling and just about anything you could think of, got a job trying to sell insurance and another one answering phones, wasnt any good at either of those

Picked a lot of cherrie tomatos and zucchini, watermelons and pumkins, squashand on and on it went

There was just nothing about at all

Now there's signs up everywhere with companies chasing workers

Paul

18 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Dunno, I think the tin foil hat is about to be put on 

There is huge supply issues on just about everything these days, from basic hand tools to full size trucks, to new houses 

I think it is companies dont want to carry stock

After all the economy is about stuffed at the moment according to the media yet no one can get workers

Back in the late 80's early 90's when the economy went tits up there was no work about anywhere, I  went fruit picking, working on cattle stations, scrub pulling and just about anything you could think of, got a job trying to sell insurance and another one answering phones, wasnt any good at either of those

Picked a lot of cherrie tomatos and zucchini, watermelons and pumkins, squashand on and on it went

There was just nothing about at all

Now there's signs up everywhere with companies chasing workers

Paul

There might be something to what you say here Paul Maybe the evil empire knows something we do not! If truck sales cave in then they will be sitting pretty! How ever At this point the demand is solid ! the sales man said if some one backs out on a sale  there are two more standing in line to take over!

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 8:13 AM, Joey Mack said:

God Bless you both..   I'm going to try to get in better shape this year, I pulled my canoe out of the back corner and fixed it up..  along with some fishing poles..  figure I can mix a nice day on the water with some excersize..  Ooopps.. I'm sidetracking again..  :) 

Did you give the canoe a tune up? New injectors and set valve lash?

• Haha 1

This was in our local news recently.  Ray is LONG time friend, his business was originally on the same stretch of avenue as CW Transport, which my dad & late FIL worked for when I was a kid as well as 2 other businesses that I worked for as a teenager (Parrish Leasing & Brothers Express).  He's been around awhile.

https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/why-gas-stations-still-have-questions-about-converting-to-ev-chargers/

• Like 1

One think that I forgot to mention about another American company acquiring Mack is the revival of Mack off road trucks. Even if they were just a Mack paint scheme on a Caterpillar haul truck model I think it would be cool to see since they've been dead since the 70s. An all Mack haul truck seems like a dream.