A New Breed of Mack Trucks Announcement March 8th

Jamaica bulldog-Saw a you tube video of the new electric MD (I guess this is the new Mack announcement) Doesn't look bad with the copper bulldog and copper Mack grill logo. Also Jamaica- on you tube they have some videos of over loaded dump trucks in Jaimaca. Load them until the gravel spills over the sides of the dump. There must be a lot of broken frames. A few Macks are shown but mainly Internationals. I guess internationals are big i Jamaica. Many Eagles ex road tractors with sleepers in the dump business.

On 3/17/2023 at 6:52 PM, Bullheaded said:

Maybe the dinosaurs will be coming back too after this cycle of "climate change"

After all, it has already happened before despite the enviroMENTALists closing their eyes to that fact.

well if the dinosaurs come back it will be old times for me. that's what i used to get my license!! yea ;;I'm old. 😁🤣🤣

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2023 at 9:57 AM, tjc transport said:

i HATE led headlights, and think they should ne illegal. 

people give me the but i can see so much better with them. 

ya know what? it is dark. slow the eff down. my vehicles have 45 MPH headlights on them, and i only drive 40 MPH at night.

there is no need to blind everyone on the road just so i can get where i am going 5 minutes faster.  

i ordered L E D lights on my 2021 jeep mojave , kinda regret it now. never use high beams . have more oncoming traffic when on narrow roads flash their high beams at me. going to see about adjusting them down. have driven with just parking lights on ; ( they are bright enough. don't like driving during the night (or day time in CT ). 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

i ordered L E D lights on my 2021 jeep mojave , kinda regret it now. never use high beams . have more oncoming traffic when on narrow roads flash their high beams at me. going to see about adjusting them down. have driven with just parking lights on ; ( they are bright enough. don't like driving during the night (or day time in CT ). 

Sounds like me and my F150. Problem I have is I can't even turn them off with these stupid Canada mandated daytime running lights. So I blind people 24 hours a day.

4 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

w hare are these day time lights B.S.

Bloody Swede's and their political correct rubbish

If you can't see a car driving towards you then perhaps you should get your eyes checked or put the bloody phone down

I dunno, I'm becoming a cranky old bugger

Paul 

You know Me If I get A chance To BASH EM I do how ever ! unfortunately the day time running light idea is a law here Paul and I agree  with having it unfortunately  on gray gloomy days it really helps to pick out them darker color vehicles! That Said As much As I would like to blame the Volvo Trashers on this It aint there Fault!😂 So my jab here would be When they work ! When the Anthem was introduced the dollarstore headlight were Garbage they would fail in 2 weeks of delivery of the truck! Think they got that fixed now however ! JAB of the Day!

I must point out my dig at Volvo has nothing to do with the trucks

Back in the late 70's they started selling those box shaped Volvo cars in Australia and they came with day time running lights, the first I had ever seen

After maybe 20 years or so they gave up on the idea and in recent times other modern cars have taken over

Personally I don't really have a drama with them and agree with what say about it helping to spot a car some days, especially those charcoal coloured jobs that seem to be the latest look

However I am just as I said,a grunpy old bugger and don't take to well been told what to do by some over educated university graduate or government official 

Paul

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Don’t feel bad we’re all getting old and cranky as far as likes. I ran out of them, but some great post fellas when we first got our 579 peterbilts they were popping headlights left and right I don’t know if they still do since I run all days now