A New Breed of Mack Trucks Announcement March 8th

I got this message today about a new mack to be announced or revealed on 3/8.

Does anyone know what it will be? I didn’t see another post here. So not sure if discussed already 

https://info.macktrucks.com/newbreed?utm_source=social&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=new_breed&utm_content=live_event&fbclid=IwAR3ow8KLcaPcuNFDrFNQHDuyMBWAD3uIeXsJuAC8ISd1XNxCZuRaL8J7gWQ

Promo says; ZERO EMISSIONS,

You bet it will be MACK BET (Battery Electric Trucks)

I was hoping for a NEW CAB (Not a Volvo cab clone) and new Diesel Engines options...but that now are just dreams

Edited by EM6285
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

You mean they can make something even uglier than the Anthem!

we are talking about volvo here..

need you really ask such a silly question??:whistling:

• Haha 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I heard Caterpillar is showing some interest in trucking again. It's complicated, but from what I understand they're making new engines for trucks as an exchange program. I don't think Volvo would give up Mack but Caterpillar would make a quality product. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOBWhite said:

I heard Caterpillar is showing some interest in trucking again. It's complicated, but from what I understand they're making new engines for trucks as an exchange program. I don't think Volvo would give up Mack but Caterpillar would make a quality product. 

I understand they pulled out of trucking because of government pollution standards and didn’t move enough of thier road engines to mess with it…. Let’s face it most major fleets choose Cummins but that’s very interesting… Bob

Cat pulled out of truck building because when they got in was when the U.S. entered it's  "Sub Prime Mortage" crisis which inturn caused the "GFC" global financial crisis 

Cat stopped selling Cat motors to other manufacturers as the Cat motor was and still is well regarded thru out the world 

Cat believed that Cat motor lovers would buy Cat trucks just to get the motor 

Bad timing was the issue more than anything else 

Cat trucks were mainly sold in Australia and NewZealand and the ones that couldn't be sold in North America got sent here to be converted and sold

I guess the Aust/NZ market was less important to upset than the north American market 

Paul

• Like 2

Yep I worked on the cat trucks when they came out just a navastar that had cat all over it the only thing cat was the auto trans they said it was a dozer transmission that had some modifications to it. We had one of the 4x4 cat trucks too I think they only built 2 nothing but problems when it came out the 4x4 didn’t work they too it to a show and a sales man put in the 4x4 and it went into low range and stayed there it needed air to go in and out of low range no line was conected and the switches were all wrong we call in and told them what we needed and they said an engineer had to decide that we made our own repair so the customer could use it

• Like 1

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

I've heard some bad things about those cat automatic transmissions. $20,000 just for the torque converter plus maintenance I heard is a pain. 

However Versatile uses cat power shift transmissions in there 4WD tractors so maybe it's just the rarity that makes them a pain. 

On 3/5/2023 at 7:52 AM, Nobody454 said:

cat trucks in the US did NOT have cat motors. They were navistar motors painted yellow. a CT15 is NOT a C15 cat. It's a junk navistar/international motor

Cat trucks in Australia had the C15 and the C13 until emission dramas 

They then re badged the Navistar and called it a CT 13

Or at least thats my understanding 

Paul

I heard there was a few cat motors that made it into cat truck here in America. But they couldn't meet emissions so they were low production. 

I think CT 13 and CT 15 is what they were called. They had a cat block, head, and internals but with crappy international wiring and bosh injection systems. Not much info on them out there.