RS700L from German TV Movie 'Fleisch'

Dunno about year, however we can see it had the wrap around plastic dash, someone in the U.S. should be able to tell you when these became available 

And it's a air ride cab as well, or at least it isnt flat on the back of the cab so it has the exrra 3 inches in the cab 

The mirrors are pressed tin not aluminium extrusion 

From what I can see I would say 76 or newer but that is purely a guess

It is a far better looking truck than one in the Convoy movie and even though I have only ever seen the German version and I don't speak a word of German except what I learnt on "Hogans Heroes" it was easy enough to follow and enjoyable enough for me to watch 

Paul 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mowerman said:

Do you know my favorite is just a straight R 600 East Coast style but I sure do like those long nose westerns as well…. Bob

Fellow from PA that used to post here has a super nice R600, green, steel dash, single stack with a shack that is just a super nice throwback to the typical 70s hauler.  I think it was his Dad's truck?  Can't say his name to save my life right now.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I can't remember any other AC unit other than kysor back in the day. AC in pictures looks a little wider and lower than kysor. not saying kysor didn't  have other models. when a Mack western showed up on the east coast in the day; everyone stopped and stood at attention (sorta). racking memory banks , the RS700L was a west coast designation  . R-r model / S-steel frame  rails / 700- series/ L- western issue ?? not sure on that one. RL700L = R model with (L) aluminum rails 700 series . gray wrap   around dash?  I was at Mack '69=='75 . have to agree with guess on yr of wrap dash; mid '70's. I can't remember exact.   

for the RS700 model in progress (which is looking fantastic from a truck modelers  point of view; I would take the DM800 kysor and cut it low and wider. 

11 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

i've been racking the brain cells trying to remember other AC brands. the Mark IV was the low-pro units of the day. 

Red Dot is a Popular Brand of Roof Top Air con Today here in Australia..

• Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

I almost completely forgot about this when I was just a young teenager. There was one like that in my town black with red fabric interior truck was gorgeous the guy let me get up inside and take a look. That was back in the day when we had all real drivers ha ha.Bob

Thanks for all the information. I've had a search for Kysor, Red Dot and Mark IV but there are very few images of old units so I can't find anything that looks the same although I've seen the same unit on several trucks of that era. I'll just have to make it up I guess.

I'm guessing the truck itself is from about 73 to 75. It still has the step boxes behind the fenders which I haven't seen on late models and it also has the earlier style fixed cab mounts which later got replaced with what looks like a pivoting mount, maybe to allow the back of the cab to move up and down when cab air suspension came in.

The film truck is also a two stick and it looks like there is an auxiliary transmission mounted mid frame so I've gone with a Cummins and Spicer 5x4 axiliary for the model.

• Like 1

Whilst out and about looking for something unrelated I came across this article on the forum

It mentions the steps behind the front wheels been new to F models in I think it said 70

Look like the same steps as these

Yes more useless information but relative to the question asked in a disjointed way lol

Paul

9 hours ago, Whiskymack said:

The Western F and R models also shared the same frame. They basically seem to be the same truck in either conventional or cabover configuration.

Very interesting. Is it seen true also for spring hangers and other chassis brackets?

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

10 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

Very interesting. Is it seen true also for spring hangers and other chassis brackets?

I find this very interesting as well

It appears that different Mack factories even in the same country built vastly different trucks of the same model 

Paul

• Like 1
  • Like 1