RS700L from German TV Movie 'Fleisch'

Mack management of the day had the "brain power "to know a chassis set up for east coast terrain and weather was to be different in many ways from the west coast counter-parts , even though it was same model.  also with west coast being big rig / high horse power (pete/ KW ) country. Mack made  equivalent trucks with western designations= alum wheels/frames / eng etc. one of the major issues when running the shop for baskin east coast was all trucks purchased came from calif. 20-25 units purchased at same time. truck 1 same as 25. 4 branches nation wide had new units divided.  I had many discussions with management regarding unit set up. can't build a truck for east identical to calif/ texas units. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 4:04 AM, Whiskymack said:

Also can anyone identify the brand/model of AC on the roof. I have a Kysor one which I took from the ERTL DM800 kit which looks like the one in the last picture but I can see that the one on the film truck is a different shape. It is flat across the front, not curved like the one in the picture.

Any help would be welcomed.

006177791-fleisch-1979.jpg

Try Bergstrom brand of roof top AC, they look pretty 

Screenshot-20230329-051427-Google.jpg

Screenshot-20230329-051452-Google.jpg

https://truckerac.com/50-9720.html

Maybe of some help as well

Paul 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for clarifications. I didn't happen watching Western chassis components much. RS/RL chassis were shared on the forum from time to time but FS/FL seem as rare animals. Maybe it's just an East coast thing IDK.

I think you're right about Australian chassis style. As we see Paul put a like to your post. I guess he'd put a dislike if you were wrong :) 

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

the Mack westerns , whether R L (S)'s or  FL's were a rare Dog on the east coast. when one went by you took a double look. east coast was Mack territory ; difference was it was Mack work truck territory. B's, R's ,U's. DM. fleets / construction were the east. as been said before when a "big rig" like Monfort flew through  they attracted attention .  never many FL's around here then.

• Like 1