DEF Shortage.......

70mackMB

These days I dont do as much farming as I once did, mainly cereal hay but there is little money in that at the moment as the last two years have been exceptional in eastern half of Australia 

China has been fairly sticking the boots into Australia of late, our politicians have no spine so if your a Mum and Dad type of business in Australia (you know the back bone of the nation) you get hung out to dry 

As far as machinery goes, probably the same as the States, Case IH, John Deere and the odd bit of Blue New Holland, plus the normal others Deutz, MF, Kabuto and lots of othe minor brands, I still use International Harvester and the good old Australian Chamberlain for farm work

Australia uses pretty much the same style of gear as the States for farming but the good gear, as in the strongest gear toughest gear comes from Europe not the US, sorry but it's true

My tillage gear is Australian, rough and tough and still going strong

Our margins are probably a lot tighter than the States and farming has zero government help as the loosers in Canberra believe in some B.S. called a level playing feild, its a real shame no other country believes in it like Australian governments do   

The good news is we will all be owned by China soon so that we will no longer have any problems except we will have to learn manerdin (think thats theroper name for Chinese) 

However we had a federal election a week ago and the main political parties got the lowest votes ever in Australian history which left those clowns in complete shock, over 30% of Australia didn't vote for a major party (voting is compulsory for Australian citizens of voting age)

A bit like maybe the US, people are so pissed off they are voting not for who they want but who they dont want, let me try and explain that just a bit, when Trump got in I dont think the majority of voters wanted him, they didn't want that phsyco bitch, whether he was any good or not Im not gunna comment on but he scared the bahjeabbers out of the politicians in the US and they stopped at nothing to out him

Struth I have taken this right off topic, sorry everyone 

Off to the naughty corner now 

Paul 

• Like 2

only slightly off topic Paul. 

my old family farm just sold to a big warehouse developer. 

the property owner sold, and my friend that took over our lease is now 67. he decided to take the money for the 5 acres he owns on the big highway that houses the equipment barn and stand. he closed retail operations last year as it was not really profitable any more and stopped planting veggies. now just doing wheat, rye, and soybeans. 

developer told him he has rites to farm the 4,500 acres as long as he wants to, they will wait till he quits to build the warehouses. 

plans submitted to the town last week are for 10 1 million square foot warehouses, 2,000 houses, 5,000 condos and apartments, plus3 shopping centers and 1 school.

• Sad 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Haha Lots of interesting post Here fellas  keep them coming and Paul it looks like your country is not much different than this one seems both land have forgotten their backbone , and where thier unearned fat saleries come from (IDIOTS) bob

4 hours ago, tjc transport said:

only slightly off topic Paul. 

my old family farm just sold to a big warehouse developer. 

the property owner sold, and my friend that took over our lease is now 67. he decided to take the money for the 5 acres he owns on the big highway that houses the equipment barn and stand. he closed retail operations last year as it was not really profitable any more and stopped planting veggies. now just doing wheat, rye, and soybeans. 

developer told him he has rites to farm the 4,500 acres as long as he wants to, they will wait till he quits to build the warehouses. 

plans submitted to the town last week are for 10 1 million square foot warehouses, 2,000 houses, 5,000 condos and apartments, plus3 shopping centers and 1 school.

same story here. the land my uncle owned in center of small farm town that as kids we walked and camped on was sold to developer who now has major mall with stores and still developing, SO SAD 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before this town used to be a cute little place Reno now thier way overbuilding this place way overpriced and way too crowded now  I hate it here but I don’t wanna move any move too much work but now I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place… it it seems this is not the only town doing this Bob 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/28/2022 at 12:04 PM, JoeH said:

This will drive older used truck pricing up...

That's already happened, I might not drive any more but I watch the truck prices, periodically anyway. They're just like pickup prices, people will drag some worn out pile out of the weeds that hasn't been started in 10 years and expect to get $50,000 for it. It's crazy!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

This is gonna suck. It’s bad enough we’re paying 6.69 a gallon for diesel fuel! And now this shortage? I wasn’t crazy about this DEF being  the solution to lowering emissions. Before buying my new truck I was like wtf is this def shit I gotta buy? And it’s how like 2.5 gallons cost how much???? WTF. I Just paid 88$ for a 10 pack of grease!! Well my wheels will be turning as long as I’m earning and 

Well if what I hear is true that urea is basically cow piss? Hell why not just buy a damn cow lol collecting urine might be a little tricky tho.  Def was just another bs idea and another way to stick it to the truckers. 

45 minutes ago, Kim E said:

Well if what I hear is true that urea is basically cow piss? Hell why not just buy a damn cow lol collecting urine might be a little tricky tho.  Def was just another bs idea and another way to stick it to the truckers. 

reread post # 4 and you will see everything the "experts" are saying is cow droppings, not cow pee

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Sorry Kim E...  I wish you great success..  The list of ridiculous price hike's is huge...  I was at Wal-mart today...  Not the cheapest place in town anymore..   I had 2 of my customers tell me last month, If I raised my prices (To a point where I keep some money)  But still low,,,,  that I can pick my tools up and go...    I am at $60/hr..  I just wanted to up to $70/hr...  jojo

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Sorry Kim E...  I wish you great success..  The list of ridiculous price hike's is huge...  I was at Wal-mart today...  Not the cheapest place in town anymore..   I had 2 of my customers tell me last month, If I raised my prices (To a point where I keep some money)  But still low,,,,  that I can pick my tools up and go...    I am at $60/hr..  I just wanted to up to $70/hr...  jojo

What is the going rate in your area?

there will always be guys working cheaply, for wages only still thinking like they are an employee, but how long will they survive and what will happen to them if and when something goes sideways 

i would raise the rate or start charging them for all the little stuff and add a fuel surcharge, if you are mobile 

you need to work smarter, not harder

• Like 1

Ive had my business for 13 years... this is the hardest time, because everyone is counting pennie's..     I don't work for pennie's..  anyway,  you make good point's... jojo

25 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

he won't. his sole purpose is to do what his handler george soros tells him to do, which is turn the United States into a third world toilet. 

Very True!!!  As well as turning OFF fossil fuel sources before there is a feasible replacement.. Typical lack of common sense with a "Greenie" attitude!!

• Like 1

Brocky

Then to top it off I blew another tire yesterday 4 miles from loves limped it in pulled right up in front of the shop 2 1/2 hours I don’t know what these guys were doing right in front of the door Not sure what was taking so long but they said authorization and some gippo 2 foreigners  going around and around with them I didn’t really say a whole lot I was on the clock anyway but I had some shit I was supposed to handle at home mainly feed my baby puppies wife was out of town of all times once I finally got in the door he had it done in no time 700 bucks Like wow man for one tire mounted … bob

Well that story was depressing..  I am back and forth about staying in business. I have done fewer road calls in the last month, and when I do one, my customer is trying to save money, so some of the repairs are getting done with sub par parts,, But I am not cutting quality on safety items,, or take off parts from salvage yards or dead trucks, anyway...  I may have to get a night job, while I try to get more engine builds to come to my shop..  This is the toughest time I have experienced, while self employed..  jojo

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

Well that story was depressing..  I am back and forth about staying in business. I have done fewer road calls in the last month, and when I do one, my customer is trying to save money, so some of the repairs are getting done with sub par parts,, But I am not cutting quality on safety items,, or take off parts from salvage yards or dead trucks, anyway...  I may have to get a night job, while I try to get more engine builds to come to my shop..  This is the toughest time I have experienced, while self employed..  jojo

for yrs people asked why i didn't go in business for myself . nope; steady check and benefits  were number one.  $$$ from side work helped . i was only "stiffed" by one customer. going customer rate at the dealer  then was $10.00 an hr .  i was side work $ 5.00 per hr. cat now is 180.oo-200.oo  per! boy have times changed.. best of luck jojo and others. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Tell these customers that your rates are going up. If they dump you then just park your service van and go drive tractor trailers. 

• Like 1