DEF Shortage.......

70mackMB

I had parked my truck for the last few weeks, and some of the new calls I received, I turned down, because I cant dispatch at $50/hr and less. I seem to attract cheap ass people lately.  I did call some of my really good customers, and was able to book 3 jobs to start next week.  I will have to do these jobs at $60/hr, but they are good customers and I will go ahead and do the work..  My wife has been on my a$$ because I havent dispatched in almost 3 weeks. I had some work in my shop that was paying the bills, but it is not enough for her, unfortunatley..  I think I need to stop now, Im hijacking this thread..   jojo

In all seriousness, how many hours/week are you working for them? 

They know what the dealers charge. You're no where near the dealer rates.  If your work is good then they're going to have to figure out how to factor your price increase into their cost structure. We're all in the same boat.

Cement went up $10/ton in January, it's about to go up another $12/ton.  That's not including the $3+/ton it's gone up on freight cost this year alone. Your groceries are going up too.  Work to live, don't live to work!

I do All wheel end work, air systems, injection pump replacements, Ive done synchros in eatons, I have built 4 engines 'on-the road',  I just replaced bolsters and torque arms on a Pete 357 with Hendrickson haulmaxx,  Air compressors, and so on...   I do very little oil changes and grease jobs (Alone).  Electrical, turbos, C.A.C.'s, radiators..  A/C... anyway, theres more... jojo

The owner of the Pete ha 1 KW and 2 Macks, a CV and a GU..  I have recently pulled all 4 Mack rears, 2 to re-seal, and 2 to get rebuilt, one of them exploded, so the axle housing had to be cleaned thoroughly, and one had a blown axle, same deal..  I did all of this at thier house. The KW was brought here to my  house and I did all four kings pins for the lift axles, plus some smaller repairs,  I turned that truck around in 2 days, and only charged $805.00 labor,  I would like to think that I offer a lot of services... jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
incorrect info
  • Like 1

I dont know if my 20 year old service truck could make the trip :)  65 mph top speed... :)  I would love to do it..  of course I could load my van with the essential tools and come do it..  jojo

I have tools.  I want motor and transmission out at once. New clutch and all...new harness, compressor damper on front.  It's 50 hours minimum if it was at a dealer , so I figure around four regular days if I have everything here as far as parts.  Then there's always the thing or ten that don't make it through the swap (lol)   Very hard to get any labor here.

fuel is currently at $6.30 per gallon. 

asphalt has gone from $55 per ton when bidet came in office to $98 per ton. 

we raised triaxle hourly rate two months from $90 per hour to $115, and tomorrow it i going to $120 per hour.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I am in touch with Mark...  I want to get it done for him... Hell I used to drive his area years ago,,, kind of a blast from my past...  :)   jojo

• Like 1

I know i'm robbing this thread, but i'm talking to Mark T right now...  I remember when I-380 was pretty much nothing but 'Jersey barrier's' for miles and miles...  and me being a new driver,, I 'White knuckled' that ride a few times... and ran it at night soooo many time's..   looking back, I'm glad I was in a cabover, so i could see ahead of me...  I never needed the short pull off's, but alway's wondered how I would slow my rig enough to get into one if I needed it...  :)  sorry moderator's...  I didn't want to start a new topic..   jojo

Ohhh I don't know....   daily  :)......  If I go to see Mark, How far away are you?  I wouldnt mind meeting you too...  jojo

2 hours ago, tjc transport said:

fuel is currently at $6.30 per gallon. 

asphalt has gone from $55 per ton when bidet came in office to $98 per ton. 

we raised triaxle hourly rate two months from $90 per hour to $115, and tomorrow it i going to $120 per hour.

Same thing happened When  that last worthless trash  had 8 years to run us out of money and of course we just have to sit back and take it because of course we’re not allowed to throw any white boy tantrums without doing time right?????? (IDIOTS)

Edited by mowerman

mehh. nothing a case of cold ones and a bottle of #27 double barrel Gold Label Jack will not take care of. 

i may be easy, but i sure as hell aint cheap!!:tease:

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

12 hours ago, tjc transport said:

yup they will be back soon enough willing to pay your higher rate once they see what others are charging 

not a matter of them paying a higher rate , customers will be paying  a little bit more  but getting alot more from jojo  then paying a dealership  and getting a   less knowledgeable personal at a higher rate.. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1