Chrome muffler for R model

I’m a picky bas**** and really want something as close to how this came as possible.  I can absolutely polish and save the muffler but the elbow is a bit too damaged for my taste.   I’d prefer the new muffler.  I was shocked when Watt’s didn’t still show the shiny muffler in the b model shop.  

I did buy the 5” muffler on Iowa80 for the Rubber Duck Western Star and it is perfect.  Want to stick with 4” on this puppy.  

No no way don’t even consider those they are definitely hideous I don’t know why anybody would think they were good looking of course everybody has their own taste  Again good luck have you considered checking a regular muffler shop they might have an idea for you:.. Bob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking more like galvanized trash cans. They make the deepest sounds and can be chromed. After going with these, you want go back to the wuss kind. I guarantee the ladies will chase the vehicle down the road. OH!, BTW, you will want to get the brightest headlights so folks can see their cell phones in the vehicles in front of you. Also to be popular with the millennials, get a lift kit for the front end and raise it at least 10 inches.

Have A Ball!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Paul.... I wish that a few of my customers, werent so concerned about lookin good..  I have charged more money for labor for LED's and Chrome than I should have..  I tell them... Let me fix it to D.O.T. compliance..  (Our Law dog's) here in the state's.. I have one guy that paid me $1500.00 to put light's, stack's ,and Chrome on his W900L.. But it needed that money put towards the F'd up lighting harness's and a fan clutch, and gaskets, and so on...  Am I on the same page with you sir?   jojo

On 4/21/2022 at 4:53 PM, Mean Green said:

Or just run all pipe and no muffler rember straight pipes save lives

I used to run one on a 237 in the 80s they do sound good especially with the 2 stacks that the best….. at my age I think 1 is just a little too loud for my taste … bob

3 hours ago, mowerman said:

I used to run one on a 237 in the 80s they do sound good especially with the 2 stacks that the best….. at my age I think 1 is just a little too loud for my taste … bob

You can buy inserts for straight pipes to quiet them down..

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 1:12 AM, mowerman said:

I run my 237 with dual 4" pipes.  Looks right, sounds right.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

19 hours ago, Freightrain said:

I run my 237 with dual 4" pipes.  Looks right, sounds right.

Yes a friend of mine in California as an R model with the dual set up straight pipes I have actually heard it and yes it sounds perfect…. Bob