Shop Talk

Onyx610

This placeis a nice place on High Rock Lake..  The restaraunt is pretty good,, country cookin'  and pretty waitress's..   (Don't tell my wife) :)  anyway,, just 50 miles on the Tri-Glide, with my lovely lady on the back,..  That's actually her's.. I bought it for her birthday 4 years ago...  I ride it more than she does..   :)   jojo

Your right Bob not alot there but a good triplex and pair of L cab doors the White 5000 has a 220 Cummins also good for engine parts I gather up what I can find for other projects that are waiting at the shop 

That’s the next thing I was going to say there’s probably enough parts there to get your money back that’s kind of a nice looking Cabover for the time ,,,, it actually looks ahead of it’s time ….I have never heard of them Great save bud… thanks for sharing.., Bob

That red and white one looks a whole lot better than the one I owned I bought it for 1200.00 or1500.00 and ran it till the trans started to jump out of gear sold it for parts to a guy for just a little less than I paid for it.

11 hours ago, davehummell said:

That red and white one looks a whole lot better than the one I owned I bought it for 1200.00 or1500.00 and ran it till the trans started to jump out of gear sold it for parts to a guy for just a little less than I paid for it.

That one was at the Keystone Antique Truck and Tractor museum. It was parked out back, and the last time I was there they still hadn't put it on display inside.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

You know speaking of extinct…. When I was born my mom hadda 49 dodge wayfarer convertible….. do you know I have never seen another one in my life anywhere I do remember riding in it quite a bit ,, till she sold it In 1960 … bob

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

You know speaking of extinct…. When I was born my mom hadda 49 dodge wayfarer convertible….. do you know I have never seen another one in my life anywhere I do remember riding in it quite a bit ,, till she sold it In 1960 … bob

D58F507E-C382-48B2-9180-1D7233F53B0D.jpeg

I did see something that looked like it might have been one or something close that was behind a repair shop in Minden Nevada it was all in primer somebody was in the middle of restoring this thing it appeared …that was about six years ago it did  have that overall appearance  that’s the closest I’ve ever gotten to one other than moms car…. With 3000 pounds of chrome inside and out you would think they would have been  more of a big hit… Bob

Edited by mowerman
Misspelled

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

If I could post pics, I would have showed some shop work I did,  just to keep this thread alive too...   :)  jojo

Yea that would be awesome. That issue really needs to be resolved. 

• Like 1

It was suggested that I make a donation to BMT..  I did.. but there is no new data space.. its ok..  I should have learned a new way of posting pics.. I was going to post a picture of an E-Tech that I just finished,, boring but still 'shop talk'  :)  I also rebuilt a back box in a metric eaton,  and when I was pressing the yoke off the case cracked in half..  that was a first, and also gave me a sinking feeling..  c ya later,,  jojo