Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

• 2 weeks later...

A thought would be to reach out to Matt Pfahl. He does a lot of vintage Macks and has a lot of resources to get things rebuilt to original. Classic Instruments is another resource that rebuilds old instruments and can also put modern innards into them for those that want the original look but modern operation, like 12 volts.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If you can get a schematic diagram, that would be helpful. All the wiring supplies are available that you would need, like fabric covered wires and loom wrap for a period looking harness. Or you could just use modern wire. Then just sourcing the correct gauge wire, most of it will be 14 Ga. and 10 gauge for heavier leads, like off the alternator on the charging circuit. Do you still have the old harness? Even if trashed, it could be useful as a pattern.

I was wondering where I could get a diagram,  l looked at some pictures of your dash that you posted and the LJ has fewer wires then the B73 , the old harness is long gone, I do have a parts truck that I removed the dash and it will be a good reference, but I would like to have a factory LJ wiring diagram just to keep it as close as possible. I’ll use modern wire and loom because I already bought enough 14 & 10 gauge wiring. Removing the voltage regulator, generator, and the series parallel switch cut a lot of wiring out already. Thank you. 

I’m going to try to send them a message,, I tried calling a couple months ago and they were still closed. The sent me a Parts build sheet about 10 years ago on it that a lot of the part numbers still change over,, very helpful! I also always wondered if they made a schematic on the air line plumbing? Hopefully I can get in touch with them. 

• Like 1

I’ve been using a schematic, both air and electric from a B42 maintenance manual. It shows parts for both a straight truck and tractor. The electrical and air circuits are roughly the same for a gas or diesel truck. My air system was completely botched up and had way too many things that I wouldn’t need for my build. So I basically copied how my B42 was done, it’s really just a slightly larger version. Same with the electrics, then I just modified it for the alternator. I’ll try to take a picture of them for you, but don’t know if the resolution would be good enough. I would think if you could locate an LJ/LT manual, with air brakes, that would work, too?

Thank you, sounds great,, Hopefully someone will read our discussion and have a Idea where I could find a LJ / LT manual . It’s the same way on this truck as the wiring and some air lines were cobbled up ,, I imagine a lot of emergency repair on the side of the road,,, Funny part is I remember doing some of them! I ran this truck down I 40 a bunch between Asheville NC and Knoxville TN ( pretty desolate back then) towing  for McLean Trucking back to Winston Salem , so I’ve done a few midnight wiring “ Bypass “ repairs .