Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

But in my little hometown where you had a little restaurant called Land and sea I’ll tell you what they had the best fried clams I’ve ever had in my life anywhere Yes I know it’s up the subject but I’m sure some of you in New Englanders can appreciate that since I moved out here I haven’t found them at all… bob

Thanks,, It always had a taller look then most LJs I’ve seen, it does have 10:00 /22 ( now 11R24.5) ) .it gets its the higher look from the springs , it has a few more leaves then my parts LJs , it’s never been changed , at least since 1963 . It really does look like the old Howard Johnson picture I have. 

Oh OK yes the height is perfect nothing wrong with that just noticed that I didn’t know whether it was just a photo optical illusion perhaps ha ha colors are gorgeous very good choice that thing is you’re gonna get a lot of attention when complete nice work bud thanks for sharing… Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful nice neat work thanks for the post Yes I use hardware parts quite a bit for other stuff like you got there I remember riding with my dad In a U models 1969 we pretty much had to scream at you other cabs were so loud back then … aaaaaaaaaaaahh great memories wish I could go back … Great progress bud … bob

On 7/21/2022 at 6:47 AM, 1961H67 said:

Finally got a couple of hours this morning to cut and fit the inside firewall with DynaMat, went to a hardware store and got some Stainless plugs and put in about 4 of those big holes 1 1/4 , 1 3/4 . No wonder I never tried putting a radio in it when I was a teenager,, It was so loud I couldn’t have heard it. Hopefully next week I can put the Firewall Mat in and start wiring. 

88FC4081-EAE4-4A31-B43C-77CD89A586DB.jpeg

19A01482-FE0D-42EC-8DA6-11F6EF7E519A.jpeg

I sure can understand the noise thing, my R model is to loud to hear anything 

I put dynamat, and dyna liner on the fire wall, it helped but still not great 

Gunna try new gearstick boots and some underbody lining like Dyna hood liner 

Its looking great

Paul 

Those C Models were handy for maintenance, the way the fenders swung out of the way. It beats laying on top of them to work. Those are pretty rare. First time I saw one was was up in Massachusetts when I was buying the truck that donated the bed for my first B Model in chelate 90's. There must've been almost a dozen laying in the yard in various states of decay. There was a gentleman in West Hartford, CT that ran one with a dump body into the early 2000's, then I saw it for sale. Never saw it again. Yours is beautiful!!

• Like 1

There was a lot of them in my town delivering freight law transportation back in the 60s early 70s when I was just a young kid I always like them even back when I was a young boy and they all had the hubcaps and yes ten-4 on the too much to do but I suppose it would be worse get up and have nothing going on as Paul mentioned… bob