Petition for Banned Members

The Burren

Terry, Im new here... I came her to talk about the truck that I am proud of! That and freindly chat is all I want!...  Thank you for what you said. Merry Christmas! Jojo

• Like 2

Chocolate or vanilla? I'm all for lively debates as long as they do not turn disrespectful. I have no idea why anyone or who was banned nor do I really care. It's your forum and your rules. But, like I said this is American and we as AMERICANS are all on a slipper slope being lead by TYRANTS. Other county's that stood back and let their freedoms slip away are the model we should NOT follow. The 1st, 2nd or any other amendments DO REALLY COUNT if you are an American citizen living in our country. Our freedoms are being taken away little by little every day and there are those in our Government hoping no one notices. There are some concerned AMERICANS paying attention who are about to reach the breaking point and not willing to accept a new world order.

Edited by tenfive0
  • Like 2

Mack 11E.jpg

ten five, 

this really had nothing to do with restricting rites. 

it was all about respecting others, and following the VERY SIMPLE rules here. 

they refused to follow the rules which basically are respect others and don't be a pain in the asterisk. 

when someone starts calling other people insulting names, including the site owner and moderators, what are we to do? 

we asked politely to stop. they got worse. then dared us to ban them. when we asked them again to drop it, they forced the issue until they were granted their wished and banned. 

99% of the job as a moderator here is moving misplaced posts to the proper forums, and looking for spam posts. which the spam filters are very good at keeping out. 

in the 6 months or so i have been a moderator here, i only had to step into one thread , and that issue was solved with one post by asking the person to leave it be and ignore the person causing issues. the other person ended up being one of the ones that self banned.

on another forum i am an administrator. i spend on average 2 hours A DAY doing moderator duties. 

those members are not as well behaved as the people here. 

and even at that, i have only banned one member in the past year that was not a spammer. 

spammers are a different story though. with the advent of VPN, i average 30 spammers a day there. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

3 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

The rules are pretty simple, 1st 2nd or any other amendments dont really count as this forum is world wide and the world does exist out side the 50 states of the US of A 

So as such the forum has to cater for that and the rules are pretty darn simple,manners, mannners and more manners 

It's not hard to follow and we are all pretty easy going so it shouldn't be a problem unless we choose to make a problem, I dont and wont 

Paul

I'm not sure what forum YOU are on but that statement ( and most of the other statements I've read own this thread) sound good but do not reflect my experience here. I was a contributing member for 2 weeks in October and in that time I made 52 posts, every single one truck related and every single one respectful and one of the responses I got was "Sounds like a lot of talk but maybe that is all you are wanting. If pulling a head is to expensive and so on a Mack is not going to be an inexpensive toy. Stick with a small block Chevy maybe in a 70's car so parts are cheap and the vehicle is EZ to work on. I commented earlier in this post to help but did not think that it would be tuning into a snivel feast. So replace a piston & liner or two and get the old dog running instead of taking 2 weeks to talk about what you don't want to do. No one said a Mack was cheap so buck-up or shut-up. We are here for advise but you have to do something with it or it is a big waste of time for everyone." I don't know about the rest of you but when I was taught manners it did NOT include talking to people like that so I deleted all my posts and quit participating. The reason was NOT because of that one post. This kinds of people are everywhere. The reason  I left was because i n just a couple hours, that post received 3 "likes" so it was NOT just one person being a douch nozzle but was something of a member consensus. Then, Admin replies basically defending that post with "we are a straight shooting bunch that can be a bit rough around the edges". This forum has an "ignore" feature and if someone does't like my posts they were free to use the feature but to choose, rather, to make that post was only to serve ONE purpose IMO and that was to tell me that I was NOT welcome here and to go away so i did. For the record, I have no idea what those that this thread is about did to get banned. It must have happened before i came here. I am not a fan of banning people but am on a couple forums where people have been banned and for good reason IMO. I CERTAINLY don't think that the person that made the quoted post should be banned. Anyways, the hypocrisy of this thread was so compelling that I thought I would point it out. If I get banned for this post, so be it. I still have no intention of sharing any of my family trucking pictures (been in the trucking business since 1929) or sharing my journey with my B-61 project. The only reason i stay logged in is because I have been sharing my project through PM's with one member that is respectful and interested ( and another member that was looking for parts). Cheers and a Merry Christmas to all.  

Your forum your rules. I don't think any of life's rules are that difficult to follow. I don't know why or who was banned. If I don't like what is going on here I'll simple ban myself and no longer participate. There are lots of things done or said that I do not agree with that I chose to just ignore. I have pretty thick skin and it would take a lot more then name calling, stupidity and ignorance to piss me off.     

I'm just pointing out what a slipper slope we as Americans are facing.

• Like 1

Mack 11E.jpg

Just an observation. I am also a member of a few compact tractor forums, as that is my other hobby. Even before this covid came to be, I noticed that as soon as the economy took a downturn, everyone on those tractor forums went on attack mode. Anytime someone new to tractors would ask a valid question due to them not knowing tractors, members would jump on them like they were an idiot and go into full attack mode, instead of being helpful.

I even quit posting just because it was getting to the point that every response other people on the forums was getting was some cocky ignorant remark.

I also noticed another cycle, that every year around Christmas, members got to their worst attitudes.

Is it just a financial/economy stress causing people to go off the deep end??

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Licensed to kill said:

I'm not sure what forum YOU are on but that statement ( and most of the other statements I've read own this thread) sound good but do not reflect my experience here. I was a contributing member for 2 weeks in October and in that time I made 52 posts, every single one truck related and every single one respectful and one of the responses I got was "Sounds like a lot of talk but maybe that is all you are wanting. If pulling a head is to expensive and so on a Mack is not going to be an inexpensive toy. Stick with a small block Chevy maybe in a 70's car so parts are cheap and the vehicle is EZ to work on. I commented earlier in this post to help but did not think that it would be tuning into a snivel feast. So replace a piston & liner or two and get the old dog running instead of taking 2 weeks to talk about what you don't want to do. No one said a Mack was cheap so buck-up or shut-up. We are here for advise but you have to do something with it or it is a big waste of time for everyone." I don't know about the rest of you but when I was taught manners it did NOT include talking to people like that so I deleted all my posts and quit participating. The reason was NOT because of that one post. This kinds of people are everywhere. The reason  I left was because i n just a couple hours, that post received 3 "likes" so it was NOT just one person being a douch nozzle but was something of a member consensus. Then, Admin replies basically defending that post with "we are a straight shooting bunch that can be a bit rough around the edges". This forum has an "ignore" feature and if someone does't like my posts they were free to use the feature but to choose, rather, to make that post was only to serve ONE purpose IMO and that was to tell me that I was NOT welcome here and to go away so i did. For the record, I have no idea what those that this thread is about did to get banned. It must have happened before i came here. I am not a fan of banning people but am on a couple forums where people have been banned and for good reason IMO. I CERTAINLY don't think that the person that made the quoted post should be banned. Anyways, the hypocrisy of this thread was so compelling that I thought I would point it out. If I get banned for this post, so be it. I still have no intention of sharing any of my family trucking pictures (been in the trucking business since 1929) or sharing my journey with my B-61 project. The only reason i stay logged in is because I have been sharing my project through PM's with one member that is respectful and interested ( and another member that was looking for parts). Cheers and a Merry Christmas to all.  

Your life, stories, and family are the things I love to read about here. Third generation truck family over here.   Hope you come back in your own due time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So true Bullheaded,, I'm a one man show with my mobile mechanic business. I'm proud of what i do and i take the good with the bad. I pay my taxes and dues, while I see people get everything they need for free.. anyway,  ... Jojo

• Like 2

On 12/20/2020 at 8:07 AM, other dog said:

What about boobage? Everybody loves boobage, cake, and ice cream.  That's why there's "Odds and Ends", so you can sit in a Peterbilt truck eating an ice cream 🍦 and think about boobage🤣

I'm not so sure that guys who own Peterbilt's every think about boobage.... (That comment was made while I was "off duty" as a mod!)

• Haha 1