I'm looking for information about the Mack A-20 flat bed or possibly a dump bed. 

What is the approx. weight and length of this truck?

I am told the truck runs and is in fair to good shape. Can anybody give me a range of value? 

Thanks for the help.

Mack A-20.jpg

• Like 1

The chassis itself is about 6,000 lbs.  No idea on the wheelbase of the truck in picture.  Pricing is difficult to do over the phone but if it is in decent shape, runs and drives and STOPS I will say 4K because I am not feeling generous tonight.  If there is no rust through, price would be more.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

That truck looks way clean to me it either looks original or really old restoration... gotta consider dry rot tires leaking seals sheet metal seems to be mint yes Jim 4 Gs seems fair although a bit steep But then he claims it runs well I think beauty is in the eyes of the beholder If it doesn’t need very much attention ... bob

I am excited to see more of it.  If it is drivable and fairly rust free 4K seems fair.  As a recent a A40 buyer, that is ballpark to what I paid.  My truck runs and drives well, interior is a complete do over, tires needed replaced, and the lights need some work.  I don’t have rust, but I have a lot of patina, and it would take a full-resto to be a show truck.  Mine has strong air brakes...we are slowly making it a pseudo daily driver around town.

These things are cool, so they are worth much more than that to me.  I think the wrong hotrodder could snatch them all up and butcher them with money doubling efficiency.  Sadly they are worth twice these prices as rat rod cabs.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 7:23 PM, Carson said:

What does A-20 stand for?

"A" is the truck model.  20 is the rating of the truck.  An A-40 looks basically the same but it would have heavier springs and components than the A-20 as an example.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

On 8/3/2020 at 12:43 PM, Carson said:

Thanks again

Can anybody tell me what type of truck and trailer I would need to haul a truck this size?

Also is there a specific place that I can look up the VIN number?

Thanks

Carson, that size should fit on a HotShot dual tire tandem axle gooseneck flatbed behind a 3500 dually all right.. or a longer heavy duty tag along?

Edited by Brocky

Brocky

• 3 weeks later...

The attached picture is an Mack A20 gas line at the gas tank and my plan is to drain and rinse out the tank. I have loosened and removed the nut that attaches the gas line to the next fitting. Problem is when I loosen the larger nut the gas line rotates with the nut and I'm worried that I will break the gas line.  

Any advice would be helpful.

ThanksA20_gas_line_at_tank.thumb.jpg.d4ec85812ad747d495545c93f0d0f629.jpg

looks like a copper line with a compression fitting, there is a ferrule on the copper line that is stuck in the threaded part of the fitting, grab the line with pliers and wiggle back and forth, should come out of fitting.    terry:MackLogo:

If Terry's idea doesn't work, soak it with PB Blaster let it sit over night and try again to wiggle it out like Terry said.  Paul

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE