I'm looking for information about the Mack A-20 flat bed or possibly a dump bed. 

What is the approx. weight and length of this truck?

I am told the truck runs and is in fair to good shape. Can anybody give me a range of value? 

Thanks for the help.

Mack A-20.jpg

• Like 1

The chassis itself is about 6,000 lbs.  No idea on the wheelbase of the truck in picture.  Pricing is difficult to do over the phone but if it is in decent shape, runs and drives and STOPS I will say 4K because I am not feeling generous tonight.  If there is no rust through, price would be more.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

That truck looks way clean to me it either looks original or really old restoration... gotta consider dry rot tires leaking seals sheet metal seems to be mint yes Jim 4 Gs seems fair although a bit steep But then he claims it runs well I think beauty is in the eyes of the beholder If it doesn’t need very much attention ... bob

STOPS is a big thing on older juice brake trucks. can spend a fortune weeding out the problems. not as popular as air. and why does that truck look so familiar?????

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I am excited to see more of it.  If it is drivable and fairly rust free 4K seems fair.  As a recent a A40 buyer, that is ballpark to what I paid.  My truck runs and drives well, interior is a complete do over, tires needed replaced, and the lights need some work.  I don’t have rust, but I have a lot of patina, and it would take a full-resto to be a show truck.  Mine has strong air brakes...we are slowly making it a pseudo daily driver around town.

These things are cool, so they are worth much more than that to me.  I think the wrong hotrodder could snatch them all up and butcher them with money doubling efficiency.  Sadly they are worth twice these prices as rat rod cabs.

• Like 1

nice thing about those,,,you dont need an oversized garage,,to work on them...bob

• Haha 1

Bob, you must not have got the memo.... 

Every garage is TOO small!

• Like 2

Jim

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarite,,,,, I hadn’t thought of that... bob

What does A-20 stand for?

I will have more info on the truck in a few weeks and thanks for the help. 

On 8/1/2020 at 7:23 PM, Carson said:

What does A-20 stand for?

"A" is the truck model.  20 is the rating of the truck.  An A-40 looks basically the same but it would have heavier springs and components than the A-20 as an example.

Jim

Thanks again

Can anybody tell me what type of truck and trailer I would need to haul a truck this size?

Also is there a specific place that I can look up the VIN number?

Thanks

I just made the deal for this 1950 A-20. I'm as happy as a fat kid eating cake!

Thanks again for the help.

Mack A-20 1.jpg

Mack A-20 2.jpg

Mack A-20 3.jpg

• Like 2

Congratulations. It's a beauty.

That looks great.  Congratulations. 

On 8/3/2020 at 12:43 PM, Carson said:

Thanks again

Can anybody tell me what type of truck and trailer I would need to haul a truck this size?

Also is there a specific place that I can look up the VIN number?

Thanks

Carson, that size should fit on a HotShot dual tire tandem axle gooseneck flatbed behind a 3500 dually all right.. or a longer heavy duty tag along?

Edited by Brocky

Brocky

The A20H I restored felt like 8-10,000 on my gooseneck.  H is heavy spec though, had majority double frame and spoke wheels.

I found out the other day that this A20 scale wt is 7455. Where do you get parts the the A20?

Thanks

What parts are you looking for?  Wheel cylinders might be available through Napa it another parts store.  Ignition parts the same. It looks like you don’t need sheet metal.  

Nice!  Interesting to see the Brown Equipment mud flaps on the back.

Jim