Just watching

HeavyGunner

Just watching a train load (Literally) of military trucks heading west while I was visiting some friends and having a cup of coffee with them. 
4AB2FA23-7F8E-4110-963A-54534678C01D.jpeg.40a40914842de3bd0135bc9affac685a.jpeg8B665782-15C6-472E-B40F-49D47796DAF6.jpeg.5da71e1c54a637557b6746073ba9b899.jpeg4F601B16-6030-4964-BED3-ED7AEE90F9FA.jpeg.c1019cfd44fa9d9e0ba9bee37d6d58d4.jpeg

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Oshkosh JLTV's, built in Wisconsin.  So far, there are 4 basic versions:

M1278 heavy weapons carrier

M1279 utility (2-door pickup)

M1280 general purpose

M1281 close combat weapons carrier

These appear to be M1279 and M1280 models.

Edited by GA_Dave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

there ain't gonna be any war with china. 

if any politician is stupid enough to piss china off, they will just stop shipping EVERYTHING. 

and the United States will fall apart withing a month because everything is now made in china.

That's the spirit, quit before at least trying to earn a smidgen of your manhood back. Thanks bro!

• Haha 1

Wars aren't won by proving manhood, they're won by smart thinking. The world is so interdependent that nobody can really win a war, and China could defeat us without firing a shot. And those Oshkoshes... Great military truck for desert warfare but too big for old cities. And if those Oshkoshes die in combat they're really dead- Our military is so dependent on Oshkosh and other vendors to service their high tech systems that they can't do much repairs beyond tire changes themselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ever looked inside your computer? You'll find many if not most of the parts marked "made in China" and the whole computer was probably assembled in China. Even if you hand built computers in the U.S. you could not build one without Chinese parts. But a computer is just dead weight without software, and that's where we lead the world- The Chinese would have difficulty making their computers do much of anything without our Microsoft and Apple software. So yes, we and China are great engines of prosperity that are yoked together.

And why do we lead the world in software? Diversity!

There are few places in the world like the bay area in California and Seattle where you can find people from enough varied cultures to produce software in dozens of languages that users around the world will be comfortable with and buy. And software trumps hardware- You know that little company on Infinite Loop in Cupertino with the trillion dollar valuation? Their hardware is made from the same parts as PCs and Android phones, but their superior Macintosh and iPhone/iPad software earned Apple that trillion dollar valuation.

10 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

Slowing down China slows us down, we're that inter dependent.

exactly .

99% of anything bought in the United States comes from China. 

if China wants to cripple up, they will just stop shipments for a month or so.

the United States people will fall apart without their cheap china stuff to buy.

even our "american made"  production would come to a crashing halt, because most "american made" products have about 40-50% chinese components in them. with some things like electronics having even higher percentages. 

so china can declare war on the US, never fire a shot, and still win. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

49 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

exactly .

the United States people will fall apart without their cheap china stuff to buy.

even our "american made"  production would come to a crashing halt, because most "american made" products have about 40-50% chinese components in them. with some things like electronics having even higher percentages. 

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/imports-by-country

7 hours ago, tjc transport said:

Certainly some truth on that statement but keep in mind China is the number one importer of soy beans and we are the number one exporter with soy bean facilities all over the globe. They stop sending us goods we stop sending them food. Seems like the US would be in the winning side of that conundrum. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

7 hours ago, tjc transport said:

exactly .

I could go for several years without buying another thing made in China.  How long can they go without enough food?

i try to buy american made whenever possible, and flat out refuse to go near a wallyworld or equal store. 

when it comes to auto parts, i do

#1 ford/motorcraft.

#2: mexico made. 

i have had so many china parts new out of the box bad i just bypass the china stuff. 

• Like 2

Just now, tjc transport said:

i try to buy american made whenever possible, and flat out refuse to go near a wallyworld or equal store. 

when it comes to auto parts, i do

#1 ford/motorcraft.

#2: mexico made. 

i have had so many china parts new out of the box bad i just bypass the china stuff. 

but even with this, lately i am seeing a lot more ford/motorcraft parts with made in china on the box, or part. 

As far as cutting off China's bean supply, there's plenty other countries they can buy from- World wide, there's four times as much crop growing acreage as is need to meet world food demand. I try to buy American made, but there's Chinese content in just about every vehicle and even for an "American" vehicle, often the only replacement parts available are made in China.

I tried to faithfully buy "Made in the USA"...…….. and had to settle for "Made in North America"...….. which eventually turned into "Made in China".

Built my house in 2010 and swore off Chinese and foreign goods. Good luck. It was just after the find of poisonous gases releasing from the sulfuric Chinese drywall that could dissolve copper tubing, and was blamed for high-rate crib deaths at Fort Bragg. Who would risk anything on their substandard garbage. Poisonous dog food. Cadmium in kids drinking glasses, and on and on.