Granite Tractors

Same truck, different trailer.   It’s an 05’ 400 hp with the M310 trans.  Real pooch, couldn’t pull a sick whore off a piss pot.  It was the spare tractor last year so I had to use it for night moves and weekend harvest work.

A1496AE7-B675-4EF6-82B8-491AAC4608A7.jpeg

• Like 2

We overhauled an 05’ Granite this winter and turned it into and old style E7 Etech.   It’s a running mother trucker now.   No dyno, but we maxed everything we could and got a hot download for the computer.  Allegedly it should be a 460 xt. 

Somewhat doubting that the grey tri-axle is destined to be a tractor.  Wondering if the fifth wheel is intended for transporting other rigs from the factory.  Frame rails extend too far behind the tag to be a useful tractor in my opinion.

• Like 1

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

1 hour ago, General Ike said:

Somewhat doubting that the grey tri-axle is destined to be a tractor.  Wondering if the fifth wheel is intended for transporting other rigs from the factory.  Frame rails extend too far behind the tag to be a useful tractor in my opinion.

Its actually a tri drive, no tag axle. I thouhgt it was an odd setup too. It does have the pogo stick with trailer cable and airlines. They have special clamps and mounts they use for transport. I doubt a customer would spec all that just for transport from the plant

2 hours ago, gicknordon said:

Its actually a tri drive, no tag axle. I thouhgt it was an odd setup too. It does have the pogo stick with trailer cable and airlines. They have special clamps and mounts they use for transport. I doubt a customer would spec all that just for transport from the plant

I get it... pogo stick and associated lines throws me off a bit more than the 5th wheel which is easily removable to another unit.  Just cant imagine using it as a tractor with the frame rails that far behind the axles.  There is obviously a ton of stuff it could be used for.  Maybe going to Canada and will get a dump body and the air and power will be used for a dump trailer?   

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

On 5/28/2020 at 10:30 AM, General Ike said:

They use tri-drive tractors like that in my area and west of here. They have to have the long wheelbase with our axle weight laws to get max AGVW.

I like the 6x6. Reminds me of a new age RM. Only the RM was a better truck, LOL

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 6:56 PM, Bullheaded said:

They use tri-drive tractors like that in my area and west of here. They have to have the long wheelbase with our axle weight laws to get max AGVW.

I like the 6x6. Reminds me of a new age RM. Only the RM was a better truck, LOL

So your saying the 5th wheel is going to be where it’s at now? That much frame behind the last axle? Got to be a special trailer. Like to see 1.

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

So your saying the 5th wheel is going to be where it’s at now? That much frame behind the last axle? Got to be a special trailer. Like to see 1.

Well I too was thinking some sort of heavy haul tractor and it was set up to pull the jeep (right term DW?) then again doesn't look heavy enough to be a heavy haul tractor.

12 hours ago, General Ike said:

My Guess would be: That it gets a Chassis Dock & a few other Things when the Customer Fits Fenders  chassis walkway Plate & whatever else they Want/need....

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -