Pictures of the Week

other dog

Hmm... Difficult to choose the favorite between "in a car" and "in the truck".

So I would go for the R-model:)

Nice "DMM in the hills" picture too.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

3 hours ago, Brocky said:

I remember seeing those covered wagons with a reefer unit on the PA Pike years ago, Thinking a 4 axle tractor also?? Never found out what they were hauling????

That was a Lilly trailer, from up near Winchester. They had a little yard on 522 a little south of Winchester. I used to see them in the Westvaco paper mill in Covington but I never knew what they hauled either. They had a lot of axles on all their trailers though.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

14 hours ago, other dog said:

That was a Lilly trailer, from up near Winchester. They had a little yard on 522 a little south of Winchester. I used to see them in the Westvaco paper mill in Covington but I never knew what they hauled either. They had a lot of axles on all their trailers though.

A few years back I was talking to a guy that worked for the company that makes most of the round cylinder containers for frozen juices and pringles style potato chips.  Said that when switched suppliers and bought rolls of metal from up north and transport them to the south to their plant in SC, that by the time the temperature changed from the north to the heat and humidity of the south, that the rolls would begin to rust.  So, they started shipping them in refers.

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

4 hours ago, david wild said:

Your covered wagon as you call them is for hauling rolls out a mill, or mill rolls we call them, Turner has div. just for hauling mill rolls and run up to 13 axle special built by Trail King mill roll trailers, Thermo king units you see are actually Heat kings and make heat so the rolls don't get chilled.

Thanks for clearing that up.    I was wondering what the they were doing.  

There’s a watermark in the blondes picture. Type in the name “big rig Barbie” and there’s lots more “truck” pics to enjoy. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 4:09 PM, david wild said:

Your covered wagon as you call them is for hauling rolls out a mill, or mill rolls we call them, Turner has div. just for hauling mill rolls and run up to 13 axle special built by Trail King mill roll trailers, Thermo king units you see are actually Heat kings and make heat so the rolls don't get chilled.

I've hauled a few rolls in and out of Gerdau in Petersburg.

dscn0247.thumb.jpg.fcf9942ac2a570aab484f54c8093c3e2.jpg

img_6050.jpg.ffae9009916a50da752c1b93a6307009.jpg

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 5/25/2020 at 2:57 PM, Brian L Blaylock said:

Hey Mowerman I don’t think I ever saw a Matlack R-Model around here with budd wheels 

Sorry just spotted this been so long since I’ve seen them I don’t remember but I’m almost sure they had buds out here not sure but I’m thinking if they had spokes I would have remembered... bob

All the eastern Matlack trucks had Dayton wheels. Matlack bought out PIE Tank Lines in the later 60's early 70's. Possible they painted PIE Budd wheel trucks Green and yellow????

Edited by Brocky

Brocky