"Large" drove the Hahn!

1958 F.W.D.

So we have been trapped in the house for the past 45+ days. The kids have been doing home study, and get outside when they can as the weather here in eastern Pennsylvania has been for the birds lately. Half a day of sun and then six days of rain. Wash, rinse, repeat. Large (now 16) and Medium (now 15) are pissed off they can't go hang out with their buddies and are suffering because of it. Large (10th grade) also began Welding at the Votech school this year (one of the hardest programs to get into.....) and he grew to LOVE his classes between September and March when they locked down the schools. He is PISSED he can't go to Votech. 

So we were bored the other day. I was talking to my dad, and with everything that happened with my mom, the weather and now this bullshit, I found out in casual conversation that the Hahn hadn't been run since Trucktoberfest. So I told my dad that Large and I would go run it. We really needed to get the fook out of the house and it was a pretty nice day. So we headed down to where it is kept in an old fire station about 40 minutes from here. The batteries are always plugged into a trickle charger/conditioner so we weren't worried about that. But we were concerned because that truck always had a history of draining down the fuel system after 2-3 weeks of no running. An electric fuel primer was even installed later in life. So I held down the electric primer switch for about 20 seconds and then hit the starter.....Took 4 times before it finally caught and that loud, smelly obnoxious two stroke Satan finally came to life. Pulled her outside and let her run for 15 minutes and then we took her for a ride for 5-10 miles. When we got back, pulled out back of where she is stored- there is a huge parking lot. Large needed something to smile about. I stopped and set the brake and said "Get over here" as I climbed out. Well, I am sure if that loud POS wasn't running you probably could have heard a pin drop. He sat there for a second with his jaw hanging open and all of a sudden it was elbows and assholes to get his seatbelt off and hop over the Morse tower and into the seat. I climbed in the passenger seat and gave him the quickie basics. (He has never even driven a car yet......) I wish I had taken pictures or video because his smile as he drove that thing around that lot for 10 minutes was enough to erase a lot of the misery for the last 45 days. 

1003542481_78Hahn.jpg.b13f9edd701673b350007a36373205c9.jpg

What is the electric fuel primer and how can I build one? I have a truck that keeps losing its prime.
  • Like 1

Excellent entertainment!

I'm glad both of you got a blast of emotions which is so needed during the current times.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

god love him......glad you both hadda wet pants experience....we dont know anything about staying home...both me and the old lady have been working all along........but too much of anything always sucks wind....bob