Another V8

j hancock

I would say by the green exterior and frame that truck belonged to Stan Leman. It has external air cleaners now and pin stripping but that sure look like the one he had. He is a real V-8 Guy.

Great looking engine with the inline pump!

On 4/29/2020 at 2:12 PM, AZB755V8 said:

I would say by the green exterior and frame that truck belonged to Stan Leman. It has external air cleaners now and pin stripping but that sure look like the one he had. He is a real V-8 Guy.

Great looking engine with the inline pump!

Was gunno say i don't recall the pinstripe on Stans super.  I got a couple minutes behind the wheel a few years ago.  Man.... I want a V8!!

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 4/30/2020 at 5:14 PM, j hancock said:

Vlad is correct and here is the other side.

No Jim, you ain't right.

Here is the other side :)

US_06.2018.5649_resize.jpg

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

6 hours ago, david wild said:

WHAT a Mack trans that doesn't like to shift, what's new ? 

Yep, got to work with what I got, an E9 and Mack 18 Speed, it was the hot set-up years ago. Guy's made careers out of shifting Mack's and got by. If I was really working it a big Road Ranger would be a consideration. But just because I am getting soft in my old age!

Just think there are "Truckers/Drivers" that don't know what a clutch is these days. If it doesn't have and Automatic they can't drive it. Let alone fight with a Mack trans. An old Mack 2 stick Tri-Plex would be out of the question to shift, no synchromesh, no nothing, just sound and fell. It would be considered Driver abuse to have anyone drive one now.

I get deliveries and the Drives ask about the old Mack's in the building and want to see. Everyone sees the two sticks in the B-Model and says they heard of them but never seen one. Then I show them the three sticks in the LTL and blow them away. "How do you keep track of what gear your in" is the fist question. I just say it's on a indicator plate above the windshield, they look and say which one? I say it takes all three. They leave and said good thing they drive Automatics.  

• Like 1