1965 Mack MB Tractor

3 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

Another real truck! Ex Overnite Transportation with vertical exhaust and power steering installed. Owner says it's still used when other trucks can't get the job done.    .....Hippy

Hippy, how many MB's did Overnight have in the fleet?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

17 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Hippy, how many MB's did Overnight have in the fleet?

l wouldn't know. Seems everyone had them and they were used for everything. l've had drivers stop and look at mine at the shows and reminisce. You can tell which ones drove an MB, it was a love/hate relationship! LOL    .....Hippy

• Like 1

There is one used for a yard horse at a heavy equipment mover around here. Diesel but no turbocharger built in 1974. Supposedly the engine is original to the truck and it's always been the yard jockey since new as it has a hydraulic 5th wheel.

It runs well and when they are ready to part with I'm supposed to get a call. Know the yard man quite well so expect it will happen but when?????

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

4 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

Mack did build one with a shorter wheel base than mine. lt was a trailer toter model 401T or 487T. This one was used by St. J and was for sale in Mass.    .....Hippy

MB 5a.jpg

The one I'm familiar with is no longer than that too. They keep it inside when not in use so really quite clean and no rust. 

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

On 3/8/2020 at 7:00 PM, 66dc75 said:

Herb takes the swan boats in and out of Boston Common every year and needs a short trsctor to drive down the paths in the  Common. Has been using a White 3000 in the past.

That would be tight for sure. Walked all around the common when myself and family were out that way for a training class at Motorola.