Hank's Truck Forum

Terry T

Hank posted today that his truck forum will be shutting down in May of this year.  For the past several years I have very rarely posted there but I checked it daily along with BMT and Just Old Trucks.  Very sorry to see it go but Hank has been spending a lot of money out of his own pocket to keep it going and to continue it would cost him much more.

I had a really cool poster of my dad‘s company truck when I was a young teenager made it out of a bro sure my mom threw it out when I was around 20 she didn’t think I needed the kids stuff anymore on my walls I was furious Haven’t been able to find any photos of those trucks at all ever since beacon fast freight 

7 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

I thought that he shut that down quite some time ago? 

I remember the plea for $$$ to keep it operational but don't actually remember it being shut down. I've not a visitor there and really never have been however other that following links posted here.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Used to be when you googled a certain model of truck, a lot of photos from Hank's would come up. Now most of the matches are on Pinterest and you have to join the site to look at the large photo.

34 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

I didn't know it was monetary, I thought it was all about pictures getting used elsewhere. They were all in an uproar about that.

I know some of you will disagree, but I just don't see why the big commotion. You post pics on a PUBLIC INTERNET. People with an interest in trucks look at, save or repost the pics.

What does it matter if your name is on it or not? Nobody knows who you are anyway. it's just a pic. It's not like people are beating down your door offering to pay you a million dollars for your truck pictures. I don't know, I just don't get it.

I post lots of pics on sites, I see them end up different places with no credit to me. Awesome! Glad people enjoyed them enough to look at and use them. I'll get you more. Didn't cost me a cent to take the pic with my phone and post, LOL.

I’m with you on this one. It seems to me the more people who pass the pics around on the internet the better chance of sparking interest in the next generation of truck collectors. If the truck collecting community does not want to share pictures, information and their passion for old iron, the old iron will soon be reincarnated into shelving in my opinion. 

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Read the reason in Hanks own words. Much seems to be more interest in the dollar by the companies the host the forum. Seems like being too popular is costly. Click and read the link.   Paul

https://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?topic=81019.0

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

I’m with you on this one. It seems to me the more people who pass the pics around on the internet the better chance of sparking interest in the next generation of truck collectors. If the truck collecting community does not want to share pictures, information and their passion for old iron, the old iron will soon be reincarnated into shelving in my opinion. 

My thoughts exactly. This is why I don't have a problem with people "stealing" pics, because many people learn new things by seeing these pics.

I have tons of pics archived, many off this site even. I don't get any monetary gain from them, but i sure enjoy looking at the,.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Read the reason in Hanks own words. Much seems to be more interest in the dollar by the companies the host the forum. Seems like being too popular is costly. Click and read the link.   Paul

https://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?topic=81019.0

This is sad too. Many of us would like to contribute money to keep all these sites going, but on the same front it's a hard go just keeping our own businesses afloat with the rising costs of insurance, fuel and keeping these emission motors running.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 1/19/2021 at 7:50 AM, Keith Giordano said:

I was wondering about a pic from Hanks of a Billy Chester Trucking 2 stick Autocar and if it’s somehow possible to still get this pic? My dad worked for Billy for years and I loved that truck.

Fortunately, years ago I saved and printed many pictures from Hank's Truck Pictures and put them in a notebook, just some of my personal favorites. If you gave me some specifics of the picture I could see if it's one I saved, there's always a possibility.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 7:50 AM, Keith Giordano said:

I was wondering about a pic from Hanks of a Billy Chester Trucking 2 stick Autocar and if it’s somehow possible to still get this pic? My dad worked for Billy for years and I loved that truck.

I have two pics of the Chester Farms AT64 that I saved from the old Hank's site.  

I grabbed them back in 2011 when the site was just starting up.

• Like 1

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)