Looking the pics I would say the front sheet matel is not very good. The cab is probably of the same sort of condition. Also a big question is the frame rails since no pics you could determine how they're good or bad. The current bid is $3300 and the reserve not met.

Edited by Vladislav
  • Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

No reserve this time. Truck is all there except fender closing panels and sheet metal is going to need some work, but looks to be a respectable restoration candidate.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I could still do that with a 170hp Thermodyne; but I really don't mind being passed on by. I just like to get there dependably.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

1 minute ago, mowerman said:

im sure you know,,,,,i ran both of them,,,,didnt care for either one of them....bob

Yup, both good engines fitting the need at the time but long surpassed in this day and age.

6 minutes ago, mowerman said:

ya,,,,but you got to admit,,,,,those older engines,,,,although alot less horsepower than these modern engines,,,,why is it they sounded alot better,,,,lol...bob

That’s because back in the day nobody engineered the sound, they just let nature determine the sound... now a days they engineer the sound so much there are teams of people who can play songs using a car engine...

That and while some of us don’t mind being deaf taking care of and driving with these old engines... not everyone does... and unfortunately those are the people making the important decisions...

• Like 1

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

all makes sense i drive a brand new kenworth and i can barely even hear the engine while driving down the road,,,,riding with my pop,,,,back in 1970 in a U600 that thing sounded the cats ass,,,especially him going through the gears,,,and yes the truck was very loud....:chili::notworthy::thumb:.....bob

• Like 1

I am with Maddog on the covers on the door hinges. Have read that they were stopped in the late 50's or 60's Maybe it was an on and off thing. Now it is listed as a 1960. Would think you would know the year when listing it. My books show 113 B 77 s  made. Did all have with the Cummings Iron Lung engine ?  Seems that this engine with the Roots blower would be before the turbo charged engines.  I am sure someone here knows.the when the engine was produced. Wish the truck was closer. Would go $5,500 with the original engine

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eddeere said:

I am with Maddog on the covers on the door hinges. Have read that they were stopped in the late 50's or 60's Maybe it was an on and off thing. Now it is listed as a 1960. Would think you would know the year when listing it. My books show 113 B 77 s  made. Did all have with the Cummings Iron Lung engine ?  Seems that this engine with the Roots blower would be before the turbo charged engines.  I am sure someone here knows.the when the engine was produced. Wish the truck was closer. Would go $5,500 with the original engine

He made a correction in the original listing stating it was a 1960,and yes all  the B77's had the supercharged Cummins. There was also a B773,they had the 335 Cummins.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2020 at 10:16 AM, CaptainCrutch said:

That’s because back in the day nobody engineered the sound, they just let nature determine the sound... now a days they engineer the sound so much there are teams of people who can play songs using a car engine...

That and while some of us don’t mind being deaf taking care of and driving with these old engines... not everyone does... and unfortunately those are the people making the important decisions...

same said  for the REAL  muscle car days. a sound they try to duplicate today.  i'm all for saving the world and nature   and the rest.  my truck driving grandson tells me all the time about his high horse power triaxle. my response -" the sound of the old will always be better than the new.  back in the day Texaco  ran the long nose GMC's :318's with 13 speed.  on clear night  I  could listen to the tanker climbing  a long hill  the 318 was "singing " such a beautiful song. automatic reaction  take right hand  and move the imaginary shift lever as gmc was closing in on down shift. all the old whether mack or other sounded great. OK so there was a "little" smoke LOL,

• Like 1

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarite the good old days..... 318 they sound real good at idle and pulling...... wining tires something hardly anyone remembers these days... when I was young teen you could hear those things at night on the turnpike 1 mile away bob

nothing better than laying in bad as a youngun with the window open, listening to the trucks out on the highway. yuo could always tell the detroits going by. and every now and they we would be treated to the unforgettable "thump "of a V8 powered mack. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

51 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

nothing better than laying in bad as a youngun with the window open, listening to the trucks out on the highway. yuo could always tell the detroits going by. and every now and they we would be treated to the unforgettable "thump "of a V8 powered mack. 

I grew up within earshot of I-55 and was glad to get away from it. Not that J-57, J-79, TF-30, F-404, or T-56 engines at full power on a catapult are any quieter.