Happy thanksgiving fellas

mowerman

12 minutes ago, james j neiweem said:

Happy Thanksgiving also from the communist/democratic state of Connecticut. Our daughter and Grand daughters are going to visit us today from the free state( so far) of New Hampshire.

Lol.... Happy Thanksgiving.

I'll exchange your communism for my third world country. I'm at work filling water cans to keep the toilets functional for a large group of in-laws. 11" of wet snow took out a big chunk of the grid. Thankful I have my trusty 120 volt generator to keep the wood boiler from going Chernobyl.

Turkey got a pardon, deli fried chicken didn't.

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

And to my fellow Truckers, Happy Turkey Day and THANK YOU, From the turkey on my plate to the fork we eat it with, and everything in between, over, and under.  This is one household that KNOWS how it got to us. THANK YOU for the long days, cold nights, days away from home, and the unending miles. 

Thank YOU driver for a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family. Stay SAFE and Keep On Truckin, (America needs you to , whether they know it or not.)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

Mack Tech: When I was in high school we used to go up to a cabin in Antioch Wis. Sounds like you are north of there. Nice country

I can’t find that town on a search? Must be just over the border from Antioch, Illinois?

We’re East of Tomahawk, WI.

It’s nice country. Good (loose) laws make it a cool place to live. Recreational. This county alone has, I’m guessing on this one....forget the exact number....around 45,000 acres of beautifully groomed county owned forest crop, plus some DNR ownership. They (county) makes it’s tax revenue on timber sales. DNR sells timber too, lol, which is smart contrary to your average naturalists opinion. I have 200 acres DNR attached to one side of my acreage. You can camp on any of it (County land) for free for up to 14 days. Open hunting, you can leave your tree stands out. You can get permits to cut downed firewood. I bought my “cut your own” Christmas tree from Forestry Dept for $5 last week. Most every lake has public access. DNR bought large swaths of  shorelands along major trout waters. There’s 100’s of miles of trail system circuits for ATV and snowmobile. You can drive ATV’s/UTV’s in the city and on many county roads. Taxes are fairly low. It’s almost a little like Montana or Wyoming except you can’t have a beer in your hand while you drive. 

Edited by Mack Technician