No Haywards at Macungie?

Aluminum frames wouldn't hold up to 1 year on Pennsylvania roads? Aluminum doesn't have a good enough fatigue cycle for our potholes? Still not sure what defines as a Hayward design. Longer hood? Too many tight twisty turns? Bridge laws here allow for more weight on a shorter wheelbase? Western hood is probably just an attempt at driver comfort and axle weight rating distribution? With allowance for longer engine? Maybe the Big 6 was gonna go out west but they canned it along with Hayward?

1 hour ago, james j neiweem said:

I wonder why they didn't bring the Hayward designs back to Macungie?

They built the Valueliner/RS600 and superliner at Macungie I dont think the Cruiseliner was built there... I do agree that they should have continued to build nicer OTR trucks. it seams that is the time when Pete and KW really pushed their way to the eastern markets.

9 hours ago, Lmackattack said:

They built the Valueliner/RS600 and superliner at Macungie I dont think the Cruiseliner was built there... I do agree that they should have continued to build nicer OTR trucks. it seams that is the time when Pete and KW really pushed their way to the eastern markets.

the Cruiseliners with the square grille and updated interior were built at Macungie