B MACK

Great stuff 

Is the video on YouTube??

I know the world record for road trains is in Australia 

It was 24 trailers and then I  think it went out to 50 trailers 

Do you have any photos of the 2 / 3 trailer log trucks 

Paul 

1 hour ago, B MACK said:

I am sure this has been seen before.    I miss placed my good photo, so I took a picture of a picture.    When I was logging , I worked in areas of this private road.     It was an every day thing  pulling doubles or triples .     This World Record load gross weight was just under 700,000 pounds.     The pict doesn't show it,,    there are 7 off hyway loads behind the pete.      Logging has slowed from what it was , the reload at the south end of the company road is gone now.       This is how it was gone in western Montana.     There is a video of this record load.    

100_1564.JPG

hey and that ain`t a mack draggin it :thumb:

On 5/27/2019 at 9:25 PM, carlotpilot said:

hey and that ain`t a mack draggin it :thumb:

Nope aint no Mack and I'd don't think there are to many grades where they are working cause I don,t care even with 400 HP your going to break something if you have any sort of incline and that much weight!!

5 hours ago, fjh said:

Nope aint no Mack and I'd don't think there are to many grades where they are working cause I don,t care even with 400 HP your going to break something if you have any sort of incline and that much weight!!

Yes you do need a fare whack of power torque and momentum to shift bigger weights at any sort of speed 

Having said that it still is quite a impressive feat, that many trailers along a dirt road with by today's ststandards very little horse power

If people could even begin to try and understand just how much traction is needed to lift off with a load like that let alone add a gravel road

And who has seen this video 

Paul 

That ad was from 1974 as I was a freshman in high school and remember seeing it on the television in the library. Only went to that school the one year. I too questioned what went on "behind the scenes" to make the commercial.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

16 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Im guessing there is all out and none of the trailers have maxis

Or the the brakes are all backed off 

They say it's on level ground in the commentary 

Paul 

Looks like it might actually be a slight decline. Probably able to kick it into neutral and get it to roll what little bit it moved in the ad. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.