An Anthem and a Couple Gold Bulldogs

I wonder why there aren't more Granite and Pinnacle tractors in the trailer dump service. May be because they lack big power as does the new Pinnacle and old CH. Coal and gravel haulers are mostly Paccar, WS, IH and Shaker. I see plenty former Paccar road tractors with sleepers in coal country.

Wow, St. Louis still allows plywood fencing on jobsites? Haven't seen that in years. When they were building the Arch several years ago there was plywood fencing around the complete perimeter of the site, (a LOT of it too) with holes drilled through for viewing. That excavation was deep to a five and six year old boy at the time the lower work was going on.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Very little thought given to cosmetic appeal with the base series for sure. The red Anthem I mentioned earlier with tasteful additions really is an eye catcher in a positive way.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

Very little thought given to cosmetic appeal with the base series for sure. The red Anthem I mentioned earlier with tasteful additions really is an eye catcher in a positive way.

Maybe; guess I’m too old school!

Id rather have a coe than a set back front axle truck. Just my opinion.

Edited by 1965

I'm not especially fond of a SBA myself and surely like a 4070 series IH cabover tractor. Drove one of those with an 8V-71 and 13 speed for a while and it really was a nice truck. It did have the upgraded interior and was very clean and maintained.

My favorite Mack, (well would be split) is either a B-75, or an RL-797. I have the RL series and if I'd get off my ever spreading and sliding down the back of my legs ass cheeks, could have it.

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

I always thought them 4070 farmall’s were good lookin trucks! Worked on several with 8V-71’s & 92’s. 

Me too. That one I mentioned was red and white, had a visor, aluminum Budd wheels on the steer and white spokes on the back, along with aluminum air and fuel tanks. Everything was polished at one time. As I remember it had light Hendrickson spring suspension and even the pogo stick was chrome with a little light on the top! Had the brown "Western" interior package and everything was diamond tufted nicely. I assume originally an O/O truck but I didn't know the history. Sure was a smooth running/driving thing too.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 6:44 AM, Rob said:

Wow, St. Louis still allows plywood fencing on jobsites? Haven't seen that in years. When they were building the Arch several years ago there was plywood fencing around the complete perimeter of the site, (a LOT of it too) with holes drilled through for viewing. That excavation was deep to a five and six year old boy at the time the lower work was going on.

Very common here, you see it also in New York and San Francisco.

Watched  highway through hell over the weekend ,and The operator called those little bars "rabbit bar's" because they are mounted in the tow reciever they had to remove them before they could hook up. And as light as they are a good sized Texas Jackrabbit would fold them up. At least the IH Lonestar has bumper and bars in one piece,looks nice too.

Edited by gxbxc
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...