International CV Series

RoadwayR

With that bulbous grille, it looks like the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland.

And suddenly the GM-Isuzu 6.6L Duramax is an International brand engine?

To differentiate the NAV version from the GM unit, and take advantage of the VW relationship, I might have offered the 4.6L 4-cylinder MAN 0834 (150-220hp) or 4-cylinder Cummins ISB4.5 (150-210hp) as standard, with the 6.9L 6-cylinder MAN 0836 (250-350hp) as an option.

• Like 2

Well it will fill the GMC  void since they no longer seem to offer anything over a 3500 series so the Chevrolet sales don't suffer. Except for a snow plow blocking the nose, I like the one piece tilt nose in the Binder.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

6 hours ago, logtruckman said:

Gm authority blog is reporting a new 6.6l v8 gasoline engine for the 2020 silverado hd and sierra hd and also navistar is testing it for use in the cv series as well as chevy 4500-5500 . Around 400hp 450tq. 

Assuming that does in fact happen, Ford better get their ass in gear and get that rumored 7+ liter V-8 done to replace the 6.8 V-10

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

If the cab was proportional in size to the hood, it would look better. And with a proper cab, the driver would sit higher, for better visibility over that hood. I wish the hood wasn't so bulbous.

Agree on the  hood.  I would think cab issue is a "non option"-that is where the economy of scale comes in.  But the hood?  Can't see why it has to be as "bulbous"-good word for it- as it is.  How about it RR?    Are there that many projections under that would preclude using a slimmer hood/fender design?    Forget about appearance-just the savings in weight and improved visibility would I think justify a change.

Remember when class 1-3 trucks had distinctive drop down fenders?  Like 56 Fords and then the 57 came out and the hood was a square  that extended out over the front wheels.

• Like 1

Truck makers should look at the past to design the future as many of the "classic" truck "looks" would still be popular today with the modern drivetrains, and ergonomics available nowadays.

Seems to me Ford with the Mustang, Chrysler with the Challenger, and GM, somewhat with the Camaro have hit it off. Probably a good time for the truck makers to explore the same.

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

3 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Yes, it is a bulbous hood. But sure beats lifting the cabs off my Superduties to work on them, LOL.

I still can’t believe Ford did that. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

13 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

You have some RoadwayR? How do you like them? Anything you'd change about them?

While I don't see these trucks as a direct competitor to the lighter M2's or MV's, they are more of a true medium duty than the F-450/550 and Ram 4500/5500.  Light duty cab size and visibility is an issue compared to the M2 and MV..  Trucks seem well built, good turning radius, tilt hood a big advantage.  Nice ride too.  Upfitter says they are very easy to install bodies on.  P.T.O. clearance a problem in some applications, but next year they will have the option of both right and left P.T.O. openings.  Driver says only issue on ours (2 yard dumps) is the bed cab protector overhangs the sides of the cab and the running board is a little high, so you have to watch your head getting in!

Only things I would change would be to offer a gas engine and 22.5" wheels as an option.

16 minutes ago, 66dc75 said:

whats the problem with seeing over the hood, all I see around is 25 year old supertruckers with the air seat in their pete or kw long hood all the way to the floor and you see just the top of a head and and a hand reaching up to grab the extended ape hanger shift lever.

Very good Rich-but you forgot the drop down visor for the ultimate cool look.😎

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 66dc75 said:

whats the problem with seeing over the hood, all I see around is 25 year old supertruckers with the air seat in their pete or kw long hood all the way to the floor and you see just the top of a head and and a hand reaching up to grab the extended ape hanger shift lever.

Yeah, and a visor tilted all the way down so it's almost touching the wipers!  I am old school, like to see where I am going, I guess.