Growing tired of the Kavanaugh show

kscarbel2

55 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Jim, I'm troubled by our Supreme Court concept, given that justices may remain until......death.

No offense to Ruth, since she gets up every morning and still hits the pavement (which is fascinating)...….. but @ 85 years old she needs more than an in-chassis overhaul to keep'er going. As elevated as some SCOTUS members are for their ability to discern, some lack the serenity to say "I'm too old for this, I'm losing my edge, let someone step into my position".

Image result for ruth bader ginsburg

• Like 1

After watching her testimony, I'm inclined to believe her story.

As for her not reporting it years ago, reflecting on the fact it was another time and place, with different attitudes, she would have been terrified to tell her parents and others out of shame.

Such an act by Kavanaugh would make him a teenage scumbag, as no man should force himself upon a woman.

Fast forwarding to today, if Dr. Ford's story is true, then Kavanaugh is inherently a liar, and thus a poor choice for Supreme Court judge.

Thirty-six years ago, an immature teenage Kavanaugh let his pants do his thinking. Is it fair to be held accountable almost four decades later? There's no easy answer.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GA_Dave said:

I don't believe her as far as I can throw Rosie O'Donnell!  She hasn't kept her story straight since day one, her so-called "witnesses" have denied any knowledge of said events.  These are nothing short of baseless accusations designed to delay the confirmation hearing until it is too late before the midterms.  I have yet to see any evidence that Judge Kavannaugh has done anything he has been accused of doing.  Not one bit of proof.  Not a single witness who corroborates her story.  It doesn't matter how many women come forward with claims and accusations, until there is evidence or witnesses to prove them, it's all a bunch of hot air!

The news reports I've read have reflected a consistent story line. I have not read of anyone accusing her of changing her story.

We don't know what the truth is....we weren't there. But she is convincing to me. Doesn't seem like the type to make it up.

The only witness, the one other teenage boy in the room, allegedly was Mark Judge. Ford never said there were any other people in the room.

I can't imagine any more evidence than what we've now seen.

As for parties, with each passing day, I feel even more strongly that political parties should be banned.

Bloomberg in 2020 for president?  The mere thought of that is very depressing.

Well listening to the news on the  radio one of her friends that was allegedly there when the rape happened decided not to t lol her story once she learned she would be put under oath. This amnesia bit I dint buy either (she can't remember where when etc). This just seems like the Russian collusion bs, if the dems had any actual evidence we would've heard it by now instead these never ending "investigations" that have all turned up what....NOTHING. Remember this is the same political party that sabatoged their own candidate (Bernie) for candidate who has STOOD BY THE BIGGEST ME TOO SCANDAL EVER BILL CLINTON. 

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Just remember if we allow accusations to completely bury someone, make them lose everything with no evidence or due process we better be ready to have the same happen to us. This guilty in the court of social media opinion is the farthest thing from the rights this country gives us. Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, the right to a FAIR trial, due process, the right to face your accuser in the court of law. Not so much today, any moron that wants to flex their keyboard muscles can literally ruin your life whether something is true or not. 

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

IT'S ALL PLAIN AND SIMPLE BULL CRAP. This have all been noting more then a power struggle by the hierarchy and elitist in our government who think they are entitled to do our choosing. I have no sympathy for any of them. Ford and Kavanaugh allowed themselves to be put on stage and used as Pawns in the game of politics. Really the Supreme Court. The name alone Supreme conjures a vision of dominance over us all. The proceedings were a shame and it shouldn't have came as a surprise to anyone who has been paying attention to what our country has become over the past few decades. It's a sad state of affairs, a disgrace and embarrassment to our country whichever side you chose. I'm not choosing sides and I don't give a crap. I don't have a dog in the race. I just struggle with the mess the government leaves us to deal with everyday.

Do you really think any of these turds who believe themselves to be superior or supreme over us all care or give a crap about the hoi polloi? We are only considered deplorable servants who are left with the crumbs they chose to leave us after they pick the bones clean. The principles and values this country was founded on have been trampled and our founding fathers are surly rolling over in their graves.  

• Like 2

Mack 11E.jpg

Or, is this but one of an ongoing line of distractions targeted at the massed designed to lure their attention away from other matters?

"Distract the masses" is one of the oldest plays in the Book of Government. And governments around the world have got it down to a science.

Remember that classic movie line, "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain".

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

I remember most events in my life from 36 years ago, the major points, but I certainly don't remember every detail.

I bet you remember impactful things, like kids being born, where you were when 9/11 happened, when someone close to you tragically passed so I thinks it's fair to say you wouldn't forget something that affects you the rest of your life like rape. That's why I'm having a hard time believing this story plus if you couple it with the dems vs reps angle for a Supreme Court justice just before midterm elections that makes me think it's more a ruse than an actual event that happened. Let's also not forget that since trump has been elected all you ever hear is the democrats claiming one scandal after another on this administration and basically found nothing but sure as hell stir the pot every day. I don't care much for either party but the democrats in the last 10 years have  the most bitter evil political practices I've ever seen and I'd never be comfortable voting for them. If they don't get their way they have told their constituents to harass and yell and curse at the opposition in public, have called their non constituents nasty names in public but since the way our crazy world is that is deemed ok, they are cultivating a generation of immature whiny citizens who have no work ethics or values and unfortunately they will vote for the dems because their lack of work ethic and entitlement will force them to leach off of the government. 

Edited by HeavyGunner
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, fjh said:

Yup Its sad!  if  that woman had spoken up years ago It would have been MAYBE somewhat more credible as it is In my mind she wasting everyones time! And screwing with peoples lives!

I had to reconsider my position on this, as it was another time and place with differing attitudes. This happened when a good woman feared telling her parents. Some parents cared more about burying it, lest neighbors, relatives and friends learn of it, to their embarrassment, than they did the daughter’s mental trauma of being raped, and heaven forbid impregnated. Am I wrong?

This is all assuming she’s telling the truth. 

For the record, and I’ll be candid as usual, I don’t care for most wealthy people (Mark being a rare exception), particularly if they spoil their children. I’m a public school boy with a dislike for private, prep, boys and girl’s schools. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kscarbel2 said:

I had to reconsider my position on this, as it was another time and place with differing attitudes. This happened when a good woman feared telling her parents. Some parents cared more about burying it, lest neighbors, relatives and friends learn of it, to their embarrassment, than they did the daughter’s mental trauma of being raped, and heaven forbid impregnated. Am I wrong?

You are not wrong. Sadly our elected officials felt the best way to handle the issue was to make this woman testify and relieve those events before the entire world. Why the rush? Why this candidate? Is he really the best pick? I doubt it. Simply put he has been groomed by the establishment under Ken Starr, George Bush, and now Trump to be the lastest pawn that will tow the party line.

Despite the screams of the Republicans that Democrats are playing games (which they are) let us not forget the little stunt they pulled with Merrick Garland. They simply refused to hold any hearings to begin the nomination process. Now that they are receiving a taste of their own medicine and they don't like it one bit.

The system is far past broken.

• Like 1
  • Like 1