Aussie Heavy Haul

david wild

56 minutes ago, 1965 said:

I’m sorry; I meant the Top 2 most attractive Mack trucks?

Okay, my Top 5.....

1. U.S. market Value-Liner

2. Australian market Value-Liner

3. Ultra-Liner

4. Super-Liner

5. Trident

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/41322-sell-me-on-a-2016/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-299942

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/34441-mack-trucks-the-difference-behind-the-name/?tab=comments#comment-230667

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/30035-mack-australia-trident-a-well-kept-secret/

2 hours ago, david wild said:

So who is the big Heavy Haul concern now down under ???

Doolans I think is one of the bigger ones remaining. 

McAleese is now Rivet but not sure if they are doing heavy haul. They seem more interested in tippers. 

14 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

I figured you would’ve had the F model in there.

19 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

I rarely disagree with you, but........I think the LTL was the best looking Mack built. 

Going back to the LTL era, there certainly wasn't anything more beautiful.

The built in-house by Mack Trucks F-model (and CF) cab was something we were very proud of. It was heavy, but you couldn't wear it out. I personally do have a strong connection to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamaican Bulldog said:

Beautiful! what is the story behind how this Aussie Mack made it to the U.S?

$$$$$$$$$  lots of $$$$$$$

a member here bought it and shipped it back. believe he lives in Washington State

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

1 hour ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

^ Correct. Washington or Oregon. He drove it across the USA and it was on loan and displayed by the Mack Trucks Museum. Picture taken at Trucktoberfest 2015 I think. 

Wow! I guess depending on the age there were no restrictions to bring in right hand drive truck. Just the shipping alone must have been a fortune.  Most of the time if I buy something in Australia the shipping cost more or almost as much as product lol.

49 minutes ago, Jamaican Bulldog said:

Wow! I guess depending on the age there were no restrictions to bring in right hand drive truck. Just the shipping alone must have been a fortune.  Most of the time if I buy something in Australia the shipping cost more or almost as much as product lol.

No restrictions here against right-hand drive anything. Many folks own old mail jeeps and foreign vehicles. 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS