J series Sterling

Truck Shop

Funny, but the only other one I've ever seen was only a few nights ago. George Raft and Bogart used one in "They Drive By Night".

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The one I saw years ago was in 1984 or 85 it was setting in a fenced yard next to a very beat up RD 405 IH . The sterling wasn't much better.

It was setting near the local airport in Red Bluff, Calif. My mom lived in Red Bluff at the time and she lived just out past the airport. Thats

the only reason I saw it, actually I noticed the IH first.

Truck Shop

One ping only

5 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

The one I saw years ago was in 1984 or 85 it was setting in a fenced yard next to a very beat up RD 405 IH . The sterling wasn't much better.

It was setting near the local airport in Red Bluff, Calif. My mom lived in Red Bluff at the time and she lived just out past the airport. Thats

the only reason I saw it, actually I noticed the IH first.

Truck Shop

in all my running around never saw one of those   must  have been very few built

• 1 month later...

Hopefully it will be at the Brooks, Or show next year. i will take time for that one.

Thanks  MD

Truck Shop

One ping only

• 4 weeks later...

What a beauty that Sterling is! My dad's old Diamond T 201 had those little round mirrors from the factory! Became my first wrecker had an old Manley hand crank! The old man used to flip up the "dog" and let the 3 foot handle spin when dropping a car! That sucker would have taken your head clean off! How are any of us still alive!