What is wrong with people today?

kscarbel2

Hartford CONN . lady gets her car stolen husband finds out 2 hours finds car shoots the thief in the face police find out later hes  lookin for medical attention armrest him and find out more warrants in other city s hopefully he ll  see the scar in the mirror in the grey bar motel with BUBBA in tow .

• Like 1

Ed

Years ago, these types of people, for the most part, were kept under lock and key and we didn't have anywhere near as many problems.  We also had the death penalty, and not 20-30 years after conviction either.  Yes, occasionally a truly innocent person was executed, but not that often.  Under today's system, far more innocent people die from repeat offenders, than were mistakenly executed back then. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GA_Dave said:

Years ago, these types of people, for the most part, were kept under lock and key and we didn't have anywhere near as many problems.  We also had the death penalty, and not 20-30 years after conviction either.  Yes, occasionally a truly innocent person was executed, but not that often.  Under today's system, far more innocent people die from repeat offenders, than were mistakenly executed back then. 

Dave, my theory is, we have a larger number of bad eggs per 1,000 people than we did "years ago".

I suspect the criminal percentage of the population is higher than years ago, and I contribute that to cultural decay and declining standards of behavior in the United States.

Look at the three UCLA basketball players who were caught red-handed stealing in China on Tuesday, November 7. They were acting as ambassadors of the United States (they're too ignorant to grasp that), over there to play a basketball game in Shanghai. And, owing to declining standards of behavior, they felt motivated from within to go into a Hangzhou store and steal. And I've got to tell you, as a result, our country lost a great deal of face last week due to these.....criminals. Why Trump bailed them out, I'll never know. I would have left them there to rot for at least two of the likely ten sentenced years. Now, Trump owes President Xi a return favor. Why waste an "I owe you" on three criminals caught on camera? Is Trump also going to also bail out every criminal shoplifting high-end sunglasses in the United States? No. So why give these three criminals a break? If Trump asked for their release with the promise they would spend time in a US jail, I could reluctantly accept that. But in fact they've been released, paying no price for their crime. The mysterious application of a double standard sends the wrong message to losers like the three below. 

Now, Trump is realizing his mistake:

Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 19, 2017

image 1.jpg

dont know fellas i agree with most of the post here.....but do one better,,,,,hang them in the town square where everyone can watch,,,,and televize that event sell beer and T shirts.......money maker...hoodlem gets his TV exposure.....win win situation.....case closed...:thumb::thumb::thumb:...bob

• Like 2

It's much less a government issue and more grass roots. The Government is biblically mandated to "bear the sword" and provide execution for these folks, that's the entire sum of involvement. The grass roots are charged with the task of saving the fool from his folly. 

The last century is going to be a bloody high-water mark on the history of heathen behavior. Abortion puts the blood of 40 million babies on America's hands already, these stories strike me as trivial compared to that degree of organized infanticide.

Sound mindedness rules that we not be shocked when the chickens come home to roost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GA_Dave said:

Agree. With DNA evidence collection and cameras on every corner, I think they have taken a lot of the holes out of Capital P. Harder to mistake a conviction.

However, most liberals, and flip-side, conservative Catholics will still fight tooth and nail to stop capital punishment. 

I went in for a medical procedure and got a good dose of "knocked out". The guy told me "your going to be out fast when I inject", so I challenged him and tried to hold my head up, talk and stay conscious. BAM.... blackout, flat, drooling limp, ten seconds. Looking back, if that is what the murderer on death row experiences.......... It's almost too lame to call it a deterrent. 

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

It's much less a government issue and more grass roots. The Government is biblically mandated to "bear the sword" and provide execution for these folks, that's the entire sum of involvement. The grass roots are charged with the task of saving the fool from his folly. 

The last century is going to be a bloody high-water mark on the history of heathen behavior. Abortion puts the blood of 40 million babies on America's hands already, these stories strike me as trivial compared to that degree of organized infanticide.

I respectfully disagree. My thought is, the government is the one and only body over everyone in an effective position to "steer" behavioral and cultural norms in the country.

I completely support early term abortion. There are situations......it is the mother's right to choose. The government or other should have no involvement.

I respectfully disagree. If we want our government to influence and control human conscience they will need to first strip the majority of our God given rights. The government can't effectively cope with a host of objective issues on their plate much less selectively manipulating individual conscience. If this country fails it will be because we lost the ability to internally govern our own impulses. 

The first great issue would be asking the new god of government to discern murder of the unborn as acceptable and murder of the newborn as unacceptable. The government can't deal with deciding moral absolutes, God didn't give them the position.

Best we can hope for is revival.  

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mack Technician said:

I respectfully disagree. If we want our government to influence and control human conscience they will need to first strip the majority of our God given rights. The government can't effectively cope with a host of objective issues on their plate much less selectively manipulating individual conscience. If this country fails it will be because we lost the ability to internally govern our own impulses. 

The first great issue would be asking the new god of government to discern murder of the unborn as acceptable and murder of the newborn as unacceptable. The government can't deal with deciding moral absolutes, God didn't give them the position.

Best we can hope for is revival. 

How should I say this........I don't want our government to control human conscience. But the government is in a superb position to inspire positive behavior and cultural development.

Look at how former Mack Trucks CEO Zenon Hansen inspired everyone (and I mean everyone!) at Mack Trucks, for example. He inspired us all to be great Americans, be proud of Mack Trucks and reach our full potential.

His entire attitude stemmed from his Scouting background. Zenon had a hard childhood, and he found a life direction with Scouting. He was an Eagle Scout.

"A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent."

People inspired with these values contribute to their families, their company and country,  and society in general.

Today, a huge percentage of the masses are, apparently, incapable of steering their behavioral development in a good direction. Done properly, the government is in the best position to inspire. Look at Teddy Roosevelt, FDR and JFK......they each inspired a generation.

That all said, we haven't enjoyed good, effective government since Eisenhower.

All the people you speak poorly of are liberal heros, I cannot believe you would look at all these truobled folks and find something wrong with them, they are just trying to ruin your life too so you can understand their pain, I think that's how the liberal thought process works ???

• Like 1

You did the right thing insisting he should be punished for theft.That was pure love in the hope he will learn his lesson,tough luck he didn't but you can sleep at night knowing you  tried to straighten him out regardless of how people might see it.The Christmas day bomber's father is one of the wealthiest people in my country and also honorable too,when he saw changes in his son he notified the US embassy 'which means the CIA and FBI,if they took him seriously or did not wonder can he rally be telling on his son that near miss would never have happened.He is viewed with a lot of respect here for that act more than the fact that at some point he was CEO of the third largest bank and later the Chairman of the largest bank in the country.

• Like 2

41, I guess we should get rid of every possession we've worked for so we wouldn't tempt the pos thieves that their parents failed to instill a work ethic in, or failed to teach the difference between right and wrong! That argument is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! I suppose your grandson wasn't a minor, or the parents could have also have been at least been partially responsible for their crimes! The latest " crime wave" in Tampa Bay involves a rash of car thefts, several of which have resulted in high speed fatal crashes both to the thieves and innocent motorists! The thieves are mostly children as young as 14 who usually spend a couple days in "detention" only to be released to steal again!  Their parents ( usually single mothers) are not being held responsible for their children's actions! The cars being stolen normally have the keys in them!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

May bee the liberals would go for the ant idea by giving him a chance to repent. On second thought abortion rights activists probably don' t care about repentance.:(

Kind of dragged out but interesting  public Service Ad from 1959 about peer Pressure.

Nowadays I fear a public service ad like this would take a very different tone. It would start by addressing the cars owner. You just had to have a flashy car didn’t you? Your need for practical transportation was overwhelmed by your need for social esteem in a flashy new convertible. It outweighed your common sense. Then to compound things not only did you leave the car’s doors unlocked, you left the windows and roof down. What were you thinking? Were you thinking. You served up a platter of Tantalus’s fruit to these four upstanding young men whose community didn’t offer them wholesome educational after school programs. Oh, sure, one of them looked like a beatnik, what with his hair almost reaching the collar of his white T-shirt but where there’s no oppurtunity there’s no crime. You, sir, are guilty of entrapment of the basest sort, and you’ll face stiff punishment in court. The fines alone will see to it that you have to stop making payments on on that flashy car and get something more practical.

The three joy-riders parents were called to the division of youth services. Under intense questioning they all admitted that none of them had ever told their sons that it was in fact wrong to steal somebody else’s car. They tried to worm out of their responsibility by saying they felt that lesson was self evident, sort of like telling them not to lick a hot stove burner or rub their gonads on a wolverine. These parents will be lucky to get their sons back after a year of intensive parenting courses in the department of youth enrichment.

One of the boys missed his chance at performing in the state Sousaphone finals because he was unfairly targeted by the police because who profiled him because of his beatnik haircut. The judge awarded him the title to the convertible as a result. The other kids on the high school football team all took a knee during the National Anthem to protest this police harassment and insensitivity. All the department’s officers were forced to take sensitivity training and the motto on their squad cars was changed to “To Protect and Serve Sensitively.”

As for Bill, the lily livered coward who wouldn’t go along, rumors stated that he himself called the cops on his friends noting the type of car and their direction of travel. The next day he was beaten into a coma at school for being a snitch.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Cultural decay and declining standards of behavior in the United States.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Miami Herald  /  November 22, 2017

(Cleveland, Ohio) Keirian Kelly, a white man, is accused of taunting his 70-year-old neighbor by calling her the n-word.

Kelly encouraged his 4-year-old son to call the woman the n-word as well, and threatened to stab the woman.

Kelly was arrested in August and is charged with ethnic intimidation, a fifth-degree felony.

There were multiple incidents of harassment, starting in June. The threats against the woman began after she accidentally fell onto Kelly’s wife in the lobby of the St. Clair Place apartment building on East 13th Street. An argument erupted and racial slurs, including the n-word were hurled.

A security guard later called the police after putting Kelly in handcuffs.

Then on August 10, the woman was walking down a street when Kelly saw her. Kelly then yelled racial slurs and spat on her. He then threatened to kill her and her son, and also encouraged his 4-year old child to call her the n-word.

According to the FBI, hate crimes have seen an increase. In 2016, there were 6,100 reported incidents of hate crimes, while in 2015, there were more than 5,800. Of the hate crimes categorized by Race/Ethnicity/Ancestry, 50.2 percent were motivated by anti-Black or African American bias.

image 1.jpg

On 11/21/2017 at 3:44 PM, 41chevy said:

Kind of dragged out but interesting  public Service Ad from 1959 about peer Pressure.

Nowadays I fear a public service ad like this would take a very different tone. It would start by addressing the cars owner. You just had to have a flashy car didn’t you? Your need for practical transportation was overwhelmed by your need for social esteem in a flashy new convertible. It outweighed your common sense. Then to compound things not only did you leave the car’s doors unlocked, you left the windows and roof down. What were you thinking? Were you thinking. You served up a platter of Tantalus’s fruit to these four upstanding young men whose community didn’t offer them wholesome educational after school programs. Oh, sure, one of them looked like a beatnik, what with his hair almost reaching the collar of his white T-shirt but where there’s no oppurtunity there’s no crime. You, sir, are guilty of entrapment of the basest sort, and you’ll face stiff punishment in court. The fines alone will see to it that you have to stop making payments on on that flashy car and get something more practical.

The three joy-riders parents were called to the division of youth services. Under intense questioning they all admitted that none of them had ever told their sons that it was in fact wrong to steal somebody else’s car. They tried to worm out of their responsibility by saying they felt that lesson was self evident, sort of like telling them not to lick a hot stove burner or rub their gonads on a wolverine. These parents will be lucky to get their sons back after a year of intensive parenting courses in the department of youth enrichment.

One of the boys missed his chance at performing in the state Sousaphone finals because he was unfairly targeted by the police because who profiled him because of his beatnik haircut. The judge awarded him the title to the convertible as a result. The other kids on the high school football team all took a knee during the National Anthem to protest this police harassment and insensitivity. All the department’s officers were forced to take sensitivity training and the motto on their squad cars was changed to “To Protect and Serve Sensitively.”

As for Bill, the lily livered coward who wouldn’t go along, rumors stated that he himself called the cops on his friends noting the type of car and their direction of travel. The next day he was beaten into a coma at school for being a snitch.

That Video Series is great!! Just watched part of the STRANGER DANGER series. I'd show these to my kids in due time. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Georgia girl, 13, disfigured, bathed in peroxide, forced to eat cat food by stepfather

Associated Press  /  December 6, 2017

A Gwinnett County stepfather and mother are charged with dozens of counts of child cruelty and aggravated battery for what the Gwinnett County District Attorney’s office is calling “astounding.”

Investigators said Rimmon Lewis, 32, and Angela Strothers, 33, brutally beat and severely disfigured parts of a 13-year-old’s body while forcing her to live in disgraceful conditions

Lewis beat his 13-year-old stepdaughter, forced her to eat cat food, made her bathe in peroxide and required her to complete cruel tasks as punishment during years of torture during which she was often made to attend school in urine-soaked clothes, authorities said.

Rimmon Lewis, 33, was charged with “15 counts of first-degree cruelty to children, four counts of aggravated battery and one count of aggravated stalking" for abusing the girl, who has been placed in state custody.

Lewis’ wife and the teen's mom, Angela Strothers, 33, was indicted on “four counts of cruelty to children and one count of aggravated stalking. “

Counselors at the victim's school called police in March due to concerns about the teenager’s well-being.

The couple was initially arrested in April, charged and released on bond. But prosecutors added additional charges in late November after further investigation.

As a form of punishment, Lewis forced the teenager to stand on top of cans barefoot while writing sentences 1,000 times.

"There were times she was only allowed to eat cat food, and there were times she wasn't allowed to eat at all until the defendant decided she could eat," prosecutor Tracie Cason said. 

The victim was starved, beaten and locked in a laundry room for long periods of time. The teenager was locked in the room for so long she would sometimes urinate and defecate on herself -- and was then forced to go to school in the urine-soaked clothes.

Lewis seriously disfigured the girl’s back and feet by striking her “repeatedly with the leg of a child’s table and a black leather belt.”

The beatings caused “prolonged numbness” and immobility in some cases. The abuse took place over an unknown timeline that could span years.

Lewis would “tell the child to stop stuttering” and “push his thumbs into victim’s mouth with such force that he split the corners of her mouth, and with such severity to leave scarring to both corners of her mouth,” the indictment stated.

Lewis also forced the child to take baths in either extremely hot or cold water that contained peroxide or lemon juice.

"It's amazing to me how this child survived as long as she did," Cason said. 

Strothers posted the required bond and was released from jail. Prosecutors said Strothers was not directly aware of all the abuse but was aware of the victim being starved and beaten. She also went to her husband and informed him when her daughter was not following his rules.

“Once we started talking to her it became very clear that it was a much more significant case,” Assistant District Attorney Tracie Cason said.

“The severity of what happened to this child over a number of years is just astounding.”

Carson said there were four younger boys in the house during the abuse.

“She was not allowed to eat with the family. She was not allowed to eat until her step father determined that she could eat, and when she was allowed to eat, often she was only given leftovers while the family ate a full, hot meal; Or she was given PB&J or at times she was made to eat cat food.”

In 2014, Lewis was arrested for abusing the same teenager. He pleaded guilty to the charge and was put on probation. Lewis was sentenced to five years in prison during the summer for violating his probation.

Authorities said Lewis violated his probation by having contact with his stepdaughter despite a judge ordering him not to have any communication with the teen.

image 1.jpg